Sunday, March 05, 2006

Picture Sunday

Folks, Picture Sunday is going to be very short tonight. So live with it.

First picture! (See, I'm getting right to it.) For my birthday last week, I got a very nice present from my buddy ESP. It was a homemade necklace that had letters spelling out things that are "me." That would be Sherman, Peabody, Mr M, SKB, etc. It's as cute as a bug's ear, but - more importantly, in with my present was... a present for Sherman!! It was a little necklace. And here it is.



Is that just not the sweetest thing you've ever seen?

Now, what else have I been doing this weekend? Mainly working on the big CD Meme Challenge, where I had to come up with 25 songs that matched 25 different categories, now I have to finish recording it - 8 times - to send to the other people who entered the challenge.



I've been doing this with the joy that is iTunes. Actually, that would be the joy that is anything other than Music Match. Thursday I finally dropped Music Match forever. Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.



And don't try and look real close, because that's not my playlist, so you're not getting any inside information.

And now, to, well, to a very sad portion of our evening. Ladies and germs, this week I present to you - the very last recipe du jour card. It's been a long run, joy and tears, satisfaction and nausea. And it ends tonight, at least till I can find another set. But do not fear, for the recipe du jour will not end, I'll come up with something, and I have a little bitty idea starting. But tonight, let's end it with beans. The San Francisco Bean Salad.



So, we have some green beans. Bean liquid, that's always useful, mushrooms, bacon, vinegar, honey, and almonds. Funny, it doesn't look gay. We have the salad with roast beef, a baked potato, and some orange sherbet.

It ended not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Line of the week so far. Uttered by Mr M on messenger last night. "BRB. I have a fire in my spitoon."

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Okay, this is what I don't get -- with the exception of the canned mushrooms (eeeeeeeew), how can green beans, onions, and bacon with a little sugar and almonds look so bad?

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home