Sunday, March 12, 2006

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. I type this week's Picture Sunday with a shaky hand. Please be kind, that's all I ask.

Well, fairly uneventful weekend here at Betland. Went to B'burg and got a couple of clarinet lessons from the esteemed Mr M. I had to keep saying, "Just tell me this like I was a fifth-grade student. Who's a smartass." See, I can't take a lesson from Mr M without mouthing off to any suggestion he gives me. I'm trying, though.

Didn't take my camera along with me, so I'm retreating to an old favorite for Picture Sunday. Because, you see, I realized that I had some requests I'd left unfulfilled.

Back in November, the last time I did a "Things On My Head" edition of PS, I encouraged anyone with a request for me to put something upon my head to write on in. And you did. And guess what. I never put those things on my head. Well, we're going to take care of that right now!

Our first request came to us from a little gal in California named Flipsycab. She wanted to see Orange Crapius on my head. Well, want no more, my Flipsy!



And now we have the first disclaimer of the night. All my pictures have disclaimers tonight, by the way. The first disclaimer is: If you look closely you will say to yourself, "Well, what a gyp. That's not Orange Crapius at all! It's Lemon Crapius! Charlatan!" However, when I drink Orange Crapius it is actually a half and half mixture of orange protein and lemon protein. That makes it a little more palatable. You will also notice that tonight I seem to be wearing a hat. Let me make it very clear that this does not help nor hinder my head-sitting-upon in any way. Let me also make it clear that if you saw my hair today you would indeed be very thankful I was wearing a hat.

Now, our next request came from the dishy Michelle, of Chicago. And what a greedy little thing Michelle was. Her request was to see two musical instruments on my head. No! One wasn't good enough for Michelle, she had to have two. Well, for you, dear....



Second disclaimer of the night: Yes, I am holding my clarinet onto my head. Hat or no hat, a clarinet is not easily balanced upon the head, and, well, my clarinet, man! It's my baby. I couldn't risk having it fall off, which it surely would have done. Actually, my clarinet is probably put to better use these days being sat upon my head than being played with my failing embouchure.

And for my next trick!



Yes, I'm holding it as well. This is because not only is it an incredibly clumsy instrument, but the damn thing weighs about 50 pounds. It speaks to my sheer will and strong neck muscles that this picture even got made. But there you go, Michelle. Two instruments, one head, one hat, and one hand.

And now, it's time for something new. A little experiment.

As you may know, as I told you, last week's recipe du jour was the last of my recipe cards. There are no more, folks, at least until I can find another series somewhere I don't already have. So, well, I'm left to my own devices. Which is a scary thing.

So I decided, "Hell, why not. I can make as ugly things as those recipe people." And so I did. And as I said, please be kind. My very first homemade recipe du jour card comes from the "Fun & Nutritious" section of Betland. It's Cookie Salad!



And an easy recipe it is. Just take your favorite green salad, mine has lettuce, carrots, and cauliflower, put some of your favorite cookies in it, fudge cookies for this particular recipe, strategically place some olives around, and dress it with a caramel topping vinaigrette (caramel topping, olive oil, and vinegar). And there you go! A salad all the kids can get behind.

And just for added nutrition, our salad tonight is being served with, no, I know it looks like flat lager, but it is indeed a nice glass of Orange Crapius. A non-carbonated drink that forms a head like that cannot be good for you, I'm convinced.

(By the way, I actually made this, including the dressing, and the clean-up wasn't exactly fun.)

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I may have figured out the mystery of my CD Excange CD. It's just now that it's a little bit "old news," so who cares. I think everyone got the main idea, anyway. And I'm still short 3 CDs! My post office hates me.
* PS - I meant to misspell "exchange." It was a pun. No, a palindrome!

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Shippert said...

I bet Michelle really wanted you to have two instruments on your head at once.

But the real question is - did you EAT the cookie salad???

10:51 PM  
Blogger Krizzer said...

I concur, Bean. I'd like to see the clarinet balancing on the autoharp balancing on your head.

Bet, only you would come up with Cookie Salad.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

Unfortunately, Kriz, I don't have a wide-angle lens.

And I'll take that as a compliment.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I totally DID want to see both on your head at the same time, but now I'm not surprised that you didn't having now experienced the autoharp

So yes, do tell! Did you eat the cookie salad? That was a kick-ass funny idea to make these yourself, by the way. I think you should make cards and send them to the various companies that make recipe cards!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home