Monday, May 15, 2006

Acrochallenge!

Hello to all, the lettered and the letterless, and welcome to another I'm Sitting With My Foot Heater Going Full Blast round of acromania. Still cold here.

First of all, thanks, Flipsycab, for giving me a clue. I now know what pig ear is. You know, I've always seen rawhide doggie toys shaped like a pig's ear, and I suppose that's why. They're fake pig ears.

Now, to my Olympic Update of last night. No, not the Hackensaw Boys ticket, the other one. You see, I was warned that commenting on comments wasn't "good form." I didn't mean it as a whine, though, it's just a fact of life. Many a Friday blog I've posted, and nary a comment have they gathered. It's all about the weekend coming and people not checking other people's blogs, no big deal, really, just a statement. Even if it did come off as a little needy.

That brings us to tonight's acrotopic, "A Blog Faux Pas." What other trouble can we get into in our blogs? I once got in trouble with a statement about Mr M and Scrabble. I guess one could mention names in a bad light, or forget and mention that time he or she was a prostitute in San Francisco back during the '70s. There are all kinds of ways to faux pas up a blog. Give me some.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to try and come with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is not capable of a faux pas; his manners are impeccable. He's the Mr Peabody of wicker. Then at 10pm est tomorrow night I shall be reading the entries and judging you all, and the winners will get a pass from commenting on my blog. The non-winners will have to comment, every day, whether there's a new blog or not, for the rest of their lives.

So the topic is "A Blog Faux Pas." The letters:

A G R I E S

Now, stop being boorish and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Big news! The baby is home from camp! Yes, my beloved clarinet, the RC, came back all shiny and clean and oiled and sounding terrific. I played him at Wheatland Hills Saturday and had the time of my life, but gave him a pass at Local Colors, since it was cool outside and threatening rain. He smelled faintly of smores, oddly enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Accidentally gave raunchy information -- everyone saw.

Accosted George. Really. I elicited subpoena.

I'm stuck. Kansas kills the brain cells. Besides, I'm still reveling in the accosting George part....

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Authored Grand Record. Irvin Eventually Sued.
A Gaffe? Ratted Ivan's Exquisite Sexpots.
Allowed Greg. Ranting Idiot! Exposed Swingers.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

Angrily giving rotten info, easily slandering.

Asinine, goading remarks in egotistical style.

Antagonizing gracious reader is electronic suicide.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home