Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thought For The Day

OK, so it says "Thursday" above, but it's only 12:40 am, and for me it's actually the end of Wednesday. And guess what today was. My one-year anniversary.

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY I LOST MY STEERING WHEEL.

I hadn't really thought about it till I wrote the date on something at work, "June 28." Yep, one year ago today I was hauling it down I-81 and the steering wheel of the original podmobile suddenly lifted above my head. Seems hard to believe now.

And how did I spend my evening? Driving to band, down the Betty-Bet-Bet Inspirational Highway, on my way to band practice. Tooling along in podmobile2, listening to the Hackensaw Boys, and thinking about my day.

It was another rough day at work, in what's become pretty much the week from hell. Band practice was abysmal, and the coffee shop was closed when I headed home and I had to get weak cut-rate coffee from 7-11.

But hey, by all rights I shouldn't even be here today. So that puts it all in perspective. And it'll all start over again tomorrow and I'll probably cuss the phone and every client who gives me a hard time. But for now, it's all good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! So glad you survived the "day the steering wheel fell off!" That is definitely a great story to tell over and over each year!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home