Monday, August 14, 2006


Nerd Week Acrochallenge!

Greetings, nerds! OK, so you out there are not nerds. That I know of. I'm a nerd, though, and on my vacation last week I got in touch with my Inner Nerd while I attended Clarinetfest 2006 in Atlanta. It was fun. Mr M and I and the boys (that would be two teenagers Mr M teaches and/or musically mentors, although Sherman and Peabody were along as well) hit the fest running and heard clarinets till they were coming out our collective wazoos. It was fun, and so I'm dedicating this week of blogs to my trip. Yes, it's Nerd Week, whether you like it or not.

See this thing here? Over there. Yes, look at it. It's a clarinet. It's my instrument, you know. I mean, yes, that one there is literally my instrument, but the clarinet is also, well, "my instrument." I have a complete love/hate relationship with that black piece of wood, it's brought me many years of happiness and torture.

And that brings us to this week's acrotopic. "What Instrument Do You Love, And Why?" Now, of course, if a "C" comes up in the draw and you don't say you love the clarinet, well, there's no reason for you to play, really. You'll lose even if you come up with the acronym of all time. But "C" is pretty hard to come by in the acroworld, so I'd say you're safe.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket loves the sitar, but unfortunately someone broke his while he was onstage playing it. Then tomorrow night at 10pm est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners, who will play us all a recital on their instrument of choice, and the non-winners, who will be page-turners.

So the topic, "What Instrument Do You Love, And Why?" The letters:

D M D E N U

So quit fiddling around - acro. (God, that was bad, even for me.)

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Stay tuned for Nerd Week, btw. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll...well, you'll probably be bored. But humor me, OK?
* Did anybody spot Sherman in the Clarinetfest picture? He's playing Waldo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Desiring music, Don ecstatically nestled ukelele.

D Minor drum? Extremely nice, usually.

Delights me? Darling euphonium -- new, used.

4:57 AM  
Blogger stennie said...

Digeridoo, my digeridoo: eerie nasal ululations.

Can't do anymore -- but I did spot Sherman.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

All I gots to say is you didn't specify MUSICAL instrument. And away we go. . .
D M D E N U

Dildo: many delirious encounters nakedly undulating.

Doesn’t matter. Don’t enjoy numerical undertakings.

Dungeon: medieval device elicits nonsensical utterings.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Liane Gentry Skye said...

Be kind. I'm a newbie acro-er. acronite? Acroite? Acroian?

Damn!
My
Drums
Evoke
Notes
Unintended

Decadent
Drums
Musically
Eulogize
Nocturnal
Undulations

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dulcimer? Many Days Enjoyed. Nights Unimaginable.
Darling Marimba. Don’t Ever Neglect Utility.
Dan. Man Did Eb. Numbed Underthings.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

D M D E N U

Dicks? My dick enunciates! Noods! Unbelievable.

Yeah, that's all I've got to say. Several other people have already won, in my book, anyhoo.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home