Monday, September 25, 2006

Acrochallenge!

Hello, disciples of all things lettery. Welcome to Monday, and another happy round of acromania.

Let's talk spleens. I'm sure the spleen does something, I mean it's right there in the body, the Lord put it there and everything, so it must have a purpose. But a lot of people seem to lose theirs and get along fine anyway. I think about the spleen from time to time, then again I'm weird that way, but today I've been thinking about the spleen for an extended think.

This is because over the weekend some football quarterback got tackled and had to have his spleen removed. This would be a rather sad thing if I hadn't seen the news wire headline that said, "Quarterback Loses Game, Then Spleen," which made it kind of funny, even though I tried not to giggle too much over it.

So this week's acrotopic shall be, "How I Lost My Spleen." Loads of possibilities here.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket has a warning label. "Warning! Spleenless." Maybe that's why he gets grouchy from time to time. Then tomorrow night at 10pm est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners, who will get the quarterback's spleen in a jar, and the non-winners, who will remain spleenless. Like the acrobasket.

So the topic, "How I Lost My Spleen." The letters:

L R L V A N

Ahhh, good old V. Don't worry, though - acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Walking done, laundry in, bath taken - it's chicken time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bet said...

This in from DeepFatFriar, via messenger:

L R L V A N

Like Ronald lost virginity: amyl nitrates.
Lone Ranger lassoed violently above nuts.
Lazily roaming Las Vagas at night.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

How I lost my spleen:

L R L V A N

Leprosy really left vitals nailed

Lightening rod lodged vaginally,anally - nightmareish!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Left Romania lacking various anatomical necessities.

Loving Reginald leaves Vanessa AIDS. Nasty.

Loan repayment -- lost variable ARM. Nuts.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home