Sunday, September 24, 2006

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. Yes! It's back! After a very lazy misstep last week, I am indeed back with another round of Picture Sunday.

Guess what time it is. No, don't look at your clock, look at your calendar. It's Oktoberfest time!

It all opened up Friday evening with a private party, which was way too long, and let me tell you, I wasn't having a great time. I was tired, the crowd was, well, it was a "private party" crowd, and at one point when I was sure it was almost over, which is 10pm, I looked at Mr M's watch and saw it was actually only 8:45. From that point on I basically lost the will to live.

Saturday was much better. The old Oktoberfest crowd, some enthusiasm, the band seemed to be of better humor, and I really enjoyed myself. Only problem? It's two nights in and I'm already sick to death of German food. This does not bode well for the future.

Now, I know I always put pictures of Oktoberfest in Picture Sunday, and you may be getting a little tired of them. So this year I'm making a concerted effort to go offbeat with my photos. Like this one. Who knew the Sauerkraut Band were so well-shod?



You know, well, you probably don't remember since it was a year ago, but last year on the last night's festivities, I sold my Sauerkraut Band mugs in a fit of drunkenness. First order of business on Saturday was to buy a new one. Which held only water all night, but I did have my trusty flask of Goldschlager along for the trip.



Anyway, it was a good time, and you'll be seeing more of it than you ever really wanted to.

Oh, by the way, the new dirndl is still doing well, still fits (though I promise you I'm just not used to wearing form-fitting clothes), and I'll try to get a picture of it for you in weeks to come.

And now, time for a nature photo.

As I was leaving Mr M's today, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to make a picture of the cute little toadstools in his front yard.



Aren't they adorable? He needs a little gingerbread house or something out there with them. A gnome, maybe.

Speaking of gingerbread.... Well, no, wait. Gingerbread's something good. Anyway, it's time for the recipe du jour.

Hey - everybody loves French Onion Soup. And everybody loves French Onion Dip. And tonight's recipe goes with that theory. So you have your appetizer with the dip, and your meal with the soup, but how about some dessert? Well, here you have it, friends. Say hello if you will, from the "Ooh La La" file in cardland, to French Onion Jello.



Ooh la la indeed. This one's a quick and simple goodie. It's mainly quick and simple because I seem to have discovered today that you don't have to make Jello! You can buy it already made! Jesus, had I only known that the week of the Jello Tuna Salad Extravaganza. Anyway, all you do is take your Jello, tonight's is blue because it's pretty, and then add your French Onion Goop to it. That would be, of course, sauteed onions and cheese. And you have a dessert made for a French King. Who's about to be beheaded.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* My kitchen is clean. Not so the rest of my house, because I seem to be totally incapable of cleaning more than one room at a time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Is my monitor off, or is that blue jello?

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is nasty, nasty, nasty looking, I must say!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

That looks like vomit in blue jello. Vomit in Blue Jello - in stores now!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Brava! I think you have finally come up with the one that made my stomach clench just looking at it.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home