Monday, October 16, 2006

Acrochallenge!

Hello, all you Monday letter people. Welcome to another round of acromania.

I'm toying with another one-letter round of acro. Wanna do it? Well, I'm easy. If you don't, simply don't participate, and my feelings won't be overly hurt. I'll just cry, take some sedatives, and resist the urge to jump out the window, which will be rather easy since I live on one floor. Wouldn't do much good anyway, would it?

Anyway, I was part and parcel of a four-hour long concert Saturday where the wind was so strong it was like - well, you know that old Marcel Marceau bit, "Walking Against The Wind?" We were standing and playing against the wind. Everything was blowing everywhere, our flags, music, stands, dresses, hats, and it didn't help that the cover over the stage was held down by the huge steel beams which creaked every time the wind caught them and made me think I was going to be hit square on the head by a falling metal pole.

So this week's one-letter acrotopic? Simply fill in the blank: "Whoops! The wind blew off my ____!"

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket used to have a toupee. March is a cruel month. Then tomorrow night at 10pm est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners, who will get to touch my Chicago Symphony Windbreaker, and the non-winners, who, well, won't.

The acrotopic? "Whoops! The wind blew off my ____!" The letter:

N

There you go, now acro!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Sorry about the lack of PS and recipe. I shall blog this week, I promise. Or threaten.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Whoops! The wind blew off my nads!
Whoops! The wind blew off my nosering!
Whoops! The wind blew off my nipples!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

Whoops! The wind blew off my new car (this was for stennie)

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops! The wind blew off my Necktie!
Whoops! The wind blew off my Noose!
Whoops! The wind blew off my Notes!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... nads.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If "nads" wins, it's a tie, right?

10:17 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

It's gonna have to be a three way. That was my first instinct too.

"Whoops! The wind blew off my nads!"

"Whoops! The wind blew off my Neanderthal"

"Whoops! The wind blew off my negligee"

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Whoops! The wind blew off my Nikes!"

"Whoops! The wind blew off my navel!"

"Whoops! The wind blew off my nappy!"

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home