Monday, October 23, 2006

Acrochallenge!

Hello, letterers. Welcome to a slightly limping round of acromania.

I've got the crud. It's been coming, well, it's been coming and has actually arrived since about Thursday of last week, and now is in its "lingering" stage. I went in to work today, though I didn't feel like it, and after a day in the saltmines I logged out at five, came home, laid in a tub of hot water for 45 minutes, put on my pajamas, and went into catatonia. I have no long-term plans for coming back out. By the way, it snowed here all day. Snow in October! Just like the days of my childhood!

And so - well, why not? Tonight's acrotopic? "I've got the crud."

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket takes a lot of vitamins, and stays indoors. He seldom has the crud. Then tomorrow night at 10pm est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners, who will get a free flu shot, and the non-winners, on whom I will breathe in the hopes of passing this on to someone else for a while.

This week's topic, "I have the crud." The letters:

N R I S D T

Oooh. The acrobasket felt a little feverish. Oh, well, acro anyway. Do it for the acrobasket!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* How many days in a row can a person eat tuna? I may be going for the record. I'll soon have enough mercury to hire myself out as a thermometer.

5 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

No entries?? How sad. But maybe I can win!

N R I S D T

1. Nose runny, influenza, sniffles, dry throat.
2. Necrotizing Rubella: is Stennie dying today?
3. Not rubella; it's strep damn throat.

6:56 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

PS: I hope you are feeling better, and I might be taking a run at your tuna record, only with chicken.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

N R I S D T

Nasal regurgitation is so damn tiring.

Nasty residue inside sinuses doesn’t tickle.

Nightfall rears its sadistic dripping tendencies.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Poor you. Feel better soon!

1. Now retching, I sigh, dejected, tired.

2. Nasty rash itches. Smallpox? Damned terrorists.

3. Needing results, I supplicate diarrhea -- terminate!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Rest. Incessant Sniffling. Downing Triaminicin.
Nighttime Retching. I Stuff Down Tums.
Nasty Red Itchy Spot Darkens Throat.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home