Sunday, October 01, 2006

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. Welcome to another where did the weekend go already round of Picture Sunday.

Well, we're into the full swing of Oktoberfest two weeks in. Friday was good, Saturday was good.

Friday I drove back home off the mountain after it was over with, and even after 2 cups of coffee (one on the way up the mountain and one once I was there), I sat down at midnight in my Comfy Chair to watch a movie and fell asleep 10 minutes in. I woke up in that same chair at 5:18 am, transferred to bed, and kept right on sleeping. And even though I set all three alarms for 8am, I hit "off" on all of them and continued to sleep, thus missing the nephew's drumline's appearance in a local parade Saturday morning. Sorry, guy. I tried.

Big doings on the mountain on Saturday. It was a happy day when it happened to me 2 years ago, and it was happy day for my friends and roommates. Last night, my boy Sherman and his mentor Mr Peabody got their honorary Sauerkraut Band doctorates. So that's now Dr Sherman and Dr Peabody to you, thanks.

And I guess it was bound to happen. After his doctorate, Mr Peabody even indulged in a few German beers to celebrate. Who'd have guessed such an erudite canine couldn't hold his liquor?



He's nursing a bit of a headache today. So of course I've been yelling and making as much noise as possible.

Hey, here's me taking a picture - of someone taking a picture of me.



OK, one more. Here's this week's art pic. Yes, in actuality they're called mistakes, but this is my Picture Sunday. I'm calling it an art pic.



That's Mr M and his clarinet. If you've had a little too much to imbibe.

Here's this week's non-Oktoberfest photo. It involves a trivia question. And that question is, "Who is the most frequently seen political talking head in the history of television?" Well, it's this guy here.



Good old Senator Joe Biden. Now, I have nothing against Senator Biden, in fact there's a lot about him I like. But Jeezy Petes, the man is on television every friggin' day. If he's making appearance money, he's a wealthy man indeed.

The funny thing about this is that this is today's picture of Mr Biden. I've actually taken about six others previously, thinking he'd show up in Picture Sunday, maybe all my pictures of him as one PS round. Then I realized they all look exactly alike, his head sitting there talking, and so I ditched the others and went with today's.

And now, time for the recipe du jour. You know, some are born to greatness, and others have it thrust upon them. And some who have it thrust upon them would really rather just be somewhere else rolling around in the mud. But one poor porcine did in fact have it thrust upon him this week and he became this week's recipe. From the "Unfortunate Souls" file in cardland, please say hello to Hermann.



The directions to a little Hermann are simple. Take Rt 460 in southwestern Virginia until you see the Mountain Lake sign, then head up the mountain, hand over your money, and have at it. Now, for all my vegetarian friends out there who I'm sure are cursing the day I was born, I will say that while I eat meat, I never eat the pig du buffet. I don't know if it's because I'm not that much of a pork fan, that I don't want to eat anything that's looking at me, or that I don't want to eat anything with a name. But there he is, may he rest in peace. Or pieces, many of which were partaken of by the revelers.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* In an effort to keep my house from collapsing under the dirt that seems to be gathering while I'm off doing other things, today it was the bathroom that came in for a major cleaning. Hoping I tidy up the living room tonight while taking in a movie. You and I know this will not happen, as the movie has subtitles, but a girl can dream, can't she?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home