Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shameless Promotion Department

Hello to you all. It's Tuesday, otherwise known as blog in earnest night in Betland, but I don't really have much to tell you about. Except that I finally got off of my indecisive ass today and made that final decision to go and see the Hackensaw Boys this week. I'd been back-and-forthing about it for about three weeks, thinking of 98 reasons not to go and one reason to go. And today at lunch, the 98 reasons lost out and the one, because I wanted to, won.

So that said, and with nothing else to ponder, I thought I'd indulge in a little Shameless Nephew Promotion. Because, see, there's this radio station called WUVT, it's the radio station of Virginia Tech. And, see, on Wednesday nights from 7pm to 9pm they have this show and it's called "Local Scene." And also, see, guess who the guests on this show are going to be tomorrow night? Yes, none other than my nephew's band, the Stetsons.

They'll be doing some playing in the studio, and talking, I suppose (which should be fun as none of them are talkers, per se), and maybe playing stuff off their CD. Anyway, the big news is that you can listen to this all online. And I urge you to do so. Because if you don't, well, won't you have missed out when they become world famous.

So here's what you do. Go here, which is a link to WUVT's website. There's a "listen online" link from there. It's 7pm eastern time, so you west-coasters can listen while you're wrapping up your workdays. Then all there is left to do is ooh and ahh over my nephew and his band. It's very simple, really.

Oh, I'll leave you with a Stetson story I've not told. One of the members spoke to a man who someone told him owned three clubs in the area. And that was true, the man did own three clubs. So the member (this is Andrew, guitar player), gave the man a CD, and the man called him back and said the Stetsons would be on rotation in all three of his clubs.

What the guys found out later is that the three clubs the man owns are all strip clubs in the area. So the fine young boys who make up the Stetsons can be content in the knowledge that some poor girl is pole-dancing for lunch money to their music. Ahh, showbiz.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Acrowinners, we have acrowinners. "Oh, and by the way...."
- Honorable Mention goes to LilyG, with her "Roger eats small rodents."
- Runner-Up goes to Flipsycab, with her "Read everything. Stimulate reason."
- And this week's winner goes to Bitterspice, with her "Reality ended Sunday. Repent!"
- Thanks to all who played. You've all done very well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flipsycab said...

Go Nephew! Big Mozel!

Strippin' to the Stetsons? Is that like Sweatin' to the Oldies?

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't this how the Beatles got their start?

3:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Famus! He's got the famus! And I own their first CD. That means I was a fan in the early days. God I'm cool

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home