Sunday, November 26, 2006

All This And Picture Sunday, Too

Headache.

Headache, headache, headache. About my fourth in the past four days, actually. But enough about me, let's talk about me. Welcome to Picture Sunday - The Transition Edition.

Against LilyG's advice, and believe me, folks, it was gooooood advice, I decided to take on the task of painting the denette over the holiday weekend. I began Wednesday by moving stuff. Now, one must understand when I say "moving stuff" that the denette contains my computer and all its ilk, most of my CDs, about half of my books, and all of my albums. And a TV, and a water cooler, and, well, why exactly did I decide to do this, I kept asking myself. But I did it and there you have it.

It was a very long two-coat process of which I will not speak tonight. Mainly because I don't have the time to speak of it because I'm too busy trying to get my house back into some sort of living order. I'll tell all later, in my new sure-to-be bestseller, "If You Ever Hear Me Say The Word 'Paint' Again And I'm Not Talking About A Tree On Some Canvas, Please Hit Me Square In The Face." Or in a later blog, whichever comes first.

Anyway, I worked from Wednesday night till about 4 yesterday, when I then headed off to hang at Mr M's and proceeded to - sleep from about 8:30 last night till about 1:30 this afternoon. Got home just in time for Church Practice (remember, that's not practicing how to go to church, it's playing of Christmas music), and when I arrived home at 6:30, this is what the Poderosa was looking like.

Here's the kitchen:


Hey, there's my new kitchen table! Too bad you can't see it with everything I own sitting atop it. My old kitchen table would never have withstood the pressure. Here's another of my kitchen:


And that's just the kitchen. How about the living room, I'm sure you're asking.


And I could go on. And on and on. There wasn't a space of floor or couch in the living room available. And look at Mr Peanut, hiding behind all my stuff. Hope the disarray doesn't send him back to the bottle.

But after Church Practice I hopped on it and got moving, and the albums and CDs were put together in a mere hour. Now I just have to do the books and, well, I'm not sure what all else, but I'm running out of steam, and have that fourth headache, and I'm going to have a cup of coffee and see what happens.

Anyway, I'll get it all done in time, and maybe next week will be the unveiling of the New Denette, with fanfares and flourishes and speeches from the mayor. I also ordered a new computer desk today, and boy are computer desks more expensive than I thought. Or else I'm getting cheaper in my old age, which has been pointed out to me recently, very recently, in fact so recently it happened only today when I was whining about how expensive computer desks are.

But now it's time for a very special event and introduction. Mr M is now the proud parent of a new kitty. Yes, the man who promised me faithfully for years he'd get a doggie is now a cat owner. And so I spent the weekend getting acquainted with the little girl, and having her sit on me while I slept. Her name is Alice, and why I don't know, that's such an odd name for a kitty I don't know where to begin, but I've taken to calling her Hellcat, or Hellion for short. This cat is of the devil, I'm convinced. I've been scratched, bitten, and pounced on more than I can recount. Mr M says that's standard kitty behavior, but I'm buying none of it. This cat's evil.

She sure is cute, though, isn't she?


I don't know. I think you can see her innate evilness in the photo. I've got two words for this little one - reform school.

But now, on to the recipe du jour.

Folks, as you can probably guess, I've been very busy this past weekend. But for you, I wanted to set up a recipe du jour. It's not in the form of a card, my computer equipment's too far-flung to even attempt that. But I did make you a picture, and it's rather self explanatory. For the end of the Thanksgiving weekend, I give you Pumpkin Pi.


Quite easy, this one. Just buy a pumpkin pie off the grocery's "The holiday's almost over so let's sell this shit 50% off" rack, bring it home, and start cutting. Still tastes great, and since so much has been cut away, only a fraction of the calories. Say, only 3.14 of the calories?

Sorry, that was bad even for me. It's the headache.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Bad times for Picture Sunday. Blogger's changed the way I have to upload pictures now. This has made me quite unhappy. We'll see what happens.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the denette!
alice is cute! all the cute ones are hellions. i know it.
pie....pi...hahaha!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn cute cat - I'm sure she'll grow out of it. You GO with the painting - I am so in awe of those of you who DO actually work inside your house - singing many praises to you!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

So what color was it? And don't say I didn't try to stop you from painting...

7:30 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Honestly Bet, where do you get the energy for these things? Look at everything you did this weekend! If I ever needed confirmation of my slothdom, there we have it.

So make with the picture of the new paint job and new desk already....

Alice is adorable, but she's no doggie.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home