Monday, November 20, 2006

The "I'm Alive" Acrochallenge!

Yes, yes, I know. You all thought I was dead, didn't you? Oh, don't lie to me, I know you did.

Well, I'm not, I promise. I mean, if I were, would I be able to type this? Without help? So cheer up, or get depressed, whichever side you linger upon.

I had no pictures yesterday, no recipe made, I'm lazy and uninterested, but that'll come back, I promise. I had company at the Pod on Saturday, the lovely, the vivacious Sara Beth from Sauerkraut Band crashed with me Saturday night, and if that wasn't a picture-taking opportunity I don't know what was, but in truth, until last night around 11pm, I didn't even know where my camera was.

Anyway, I'm here, I'm around, and since I usually put up acro way too late on Mondays, I thought I'd post one a little earlier and see if I get any takers. Now, I know it's a holiday week and most of you are probably traveling, so I'll try not to be too hurt if it's a small acroturnout.

People, I've got the itch again. I've got the itch to redecorate. It's the denette this time, that paneled piece of inner sanctum in which I spend much time at the computer. I detest paneling, always have, and since I moved in five years ago I've been threatening to paint and lose some of the darkness that is this room. The only thing that's kept me from it thus far is the mind-blowing amount of time it will take, seeing as how the computer and desk, all my albums, most of my CDs, and many of my books are stored in this room. I'm afraid I'll just have gotten the room cleared when holiday week will be over and it will be time for me to resume my normal life. But still. Still, I'm thinking of taking it on.

So last night after Church Practice (this would be practice on the local Christmas pageant, not practice on how to go to church, I know how to do that already, though some ministers would disagree), I ambled into the Home Improvement Store to pick out paint chips. And I may be in trouble. Because even after the narrowing-down process, I'm stuck with a whopping ten colors I can't decide between.

You know, I've always giggled at the colors given my nail polish at pedicure time, but paint colors are just about as bad. I'm fully aware that paint comes in an infinite variety of shades and you have to name them all something, but really. Harbor Mist Dusty Turquoise is just a smidge away from Aqua Foam Sea Mist Jadespring and on and on.

So this week's acrotopic shall be, "What Color Should I Paint The Denette, According To The Fancy Names Given By The Paint Companies?" Yes, it's the longest acrotopic yet, and also a chance for you to be at your most creative. Keep in mind that I'm looking at light teal/aqua colors, please. That'll help, I'm sure.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is Wild Wicker Woody Sepia Lite. He hates that "lite" part, but there's not a thing he can do about it. Then tomorrow night at 10pm est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners, who will get to come and help me paint, and the non-winners, who will get to come and help me paint.

This week's acrotopic - "What Color Should I Paint The Denette, According To The Fancy Names Given By The Paint Companies?" The letters:

C O O R

Hmmm, one S and it's beer for everyone. So drink, and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* There will be a hucklebug this week, it'll be an outtakes show. No recording tonight. Movie time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Celbrating Orange Over Reno

Chartreuse Olive, Only Redder

Central Ohio Oilfire River


That being said, I urge you to wait a bit. The urge to paint often passes, sometimes when you're in the middle of it. It's when it sticks around for a while that you should go with it.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cream Of Orange Rind

Cool Ocean/Oxen Rear (same color)

Candied Okra, Opal Replenisher

Was that Sara Beth in the photos from Octoberfest? Babe.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home