Friday, December 29, 2006

A Meme! A Meme!

OK, I haven't done one of these in a good while. But when I saw it on Stennie's page today, it was too good to pass up:

If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

So, here’s how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, etc).
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press Play.
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the Next button.
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool.
7. Don’t skip songs.

(1) Opening credits: "American Patrol," Frederick Fennell conducts the Eastman Winds (A nice opening credits song, but stamps "nerd" on my forehead right from the get-go.)
(2) Waking up: "Excitable Boy," Warren Zevon (Well, I don't know about excitable at 7:30am, but I am thinking about rubbing pot roast on my chest later in the day.)
(3) First day at school: "You Told Me," the Monkees (Yes, you told me to keep my desk clean, and I didn't, and you spanked me. Bitch.)
(4) Fight song: "Big Decision," That Petrol Emotion (To fight or not to fight, that is the question. Or guns or knives, that is the question. Actually, this song is very me. The chorus? "You'd rather sail the ocean/than make a big decision.")
(5) Breaking up: "Jeans On," David Dundas (See, this has nothing to do with breaking up whatsoever, except maybe that my jeans are on instead of off, where they might have been had we not broken up.)
(6) Happiness: "New Amsterdam," Elvis Costello (with a sore throat) (Well, the song's not much about happiness, but since this is the live version and Elv's throat is just about gone in it, maybe he's been screaming his undying love for me.)
(7) Life’s okay: "Coon In The Hickory Tree," the Delmore Brothers (Well, I guess life is OK around here if you've got a big fat coon in a hickory tree. Not much fun for the coon, but there you go. It's my meme, not his.)
(8) Mental breakdown: "I'm Just A Bill," from Schoolhouse Rock (Yes, then there was that time I went over the edge, thought I was a piece of paper, and frantically memorized how a bill becomes a law in all its gory detail. Anyway, how nice to hear cool ol' Jack Shelton again.)
(9) Driving: "Cemetery Gates," the Smiths (Now, if this isn't a harbinger of doom, I don't know what is. I guess I'm driving over a bridge.)
(10) Flashback: "Up Around The Bend," Creedence Clearwater Revival (I flashed back to K and T's back yard, actually, which is where I first heard this song on the radio.)
(11) Getting back together: "Particle Man," They Might Be Giants (Yes, I got back together with a science nerd. It was not to last, though.)
(12) Wedding: "I've Just Seen A Face," the Beatles (I've just seen a face? I'm marrying a stranger! Wonder if I'm in Vegas, drunk as a lord?)
(13) Birth of a child: "The Room Nobody Lives In," Elvis Costello (God, this is so depressing and bizarre I don't know where to start. Actually, to be honest, the first thing that played for this was a wav of Monty Python - Eric Idle saying, "Dung!" which is about as depressing and bizarre.)
(14) Final battle: "Satan's Jeweled Crown," Emmylou Harris & the Seldom Scene (Finally. A song that fits. God and the devil fighting for my immortal soul. Go, God, go!)
(15) Death scene: "Irish Medley," the Pogues (This is a medley of "The Recruiting Sergeant" and "The Galway Races." So I guess I go to the army and get trampled to death by a bunch of race horses. That should pick up the movie.) (Oh, more honesty - the first thing played was a wav of Eddie Izzard imitating an old push-me-pull-you vacuum. "Hoddeddda.")
(16) Funeral song: "If I Should Fall From The Grace Of God," the Pogues (So much for iTunes randomness. But this song rocks, and I should have thought of it for my funeral song on the mix exchange. Let me go, boys, let me go, boys!)
(17) End credits: "The Dressing Song," Michael Feinstein (And it's all happiness and clothes as my movie draws to an end. Leave 'em happy, I say!)

Well, that was about the most useless exercise I can remember ever doing. I guess this works a lot better if you cheat. Kellie? iTunes randomness? Care to explain it all to me again?

Betland's Olympic Update:
* The tree is down and put away, but the living room is still a mess. No reason to clean when the phone man is coming back, right? Right??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home