Sunday, December 17, 2006

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. After last week's technical difficulty-filled weekend, Picture Sunday is back. So let's get right to it, OK?

Well, it is that time of year. Played my last Christmas musical of the season, that would be the Community Band's Bigass Holiday Extravaganza. It went well. Shopped a little yesterday, and hung at Mr M's, playing clarinets and watching a little of a movie where Gerard Depardieu plays a French Christopher Columbus.

Also frollicked with Alice the Kitty, also known as the Demon Seed From Hell. Well, I may have to correct that name, as Mr M seems to be teaching her very nicely to play without digging her claws into peoples' bare flesh.

Here's a nice photo of Sherman and Alice. I smell next year's Christmas cards! And for the artistically inclined, and John Cusack in "Sixteen Candles" couldn't have said it better himself, "I think black and white would just capture the moment so much better...."Of course, since today was the Community Band concert, it was also the day for Sherman to get his annual Santa picture taken. Here is the offical 2006 version, hot off the presses.
This year was the best Santa ever. You know Santa's going to be good when he has an English accent. And this Santa was just a little bit on the bawdy side - here's a Santa you'd like to go out for some spiked egg nog with.

And since the blog seems to have turned into a complete Christmas publication, how about a picture of the tree for posterity?Yep, there he is, topped by the Bumble (putting on the star, of course, that's his job), and Mr Peanut, who seems to be determined to get into every picture I make, is again waving hello. (Notice there are no presents under my tree.)

And now, how about a recipe du jour? I'm not sure quite what to say about this one. You see, not only is this the recipe, but for the first time in the history of the recipe du jour, well, I actually ate the recipe du jour.

Now, Mr M has been threatening for years to make me fried mush. I have to confess I was kind of hoping that day would never arrive, but arrive it did, this very morning in fact. He fried me up some mush, and I knew it would become the recipe du jour, as it did, from the "It Is What It Is" file at cardland.Yes, my fine feathereds, that is what fried mush looks like. I was keen to give it a try, well, in all reality I was afraid not to since Mr M was standing over me with a kitchen knife, but it's not at all horrible, especially when you realize that what people around here call "mush," (and what's printed on the package, "mush"), fancy people call polenta. I ate up the crunchy crusty bits and left the rest, but it was, well, it was what it was. Mush.

Happy weekend.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Still no comments nor archives, but I'm trying, folks. I have feelers out. Hey, and guess what my dad asked me for for Christmas - more recorded blogs! And me with no archives....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home