Sunday, January 07, 2007

Picture Sunday

Oh, my Lord. It couldn't be, could it? Yes, I think it is! After a lengthy absence, Picture Sunday limps back into your lives, the first PS of 2007.

Oh, dear. Where to start, where to start.... How about with Christmas?

You all know I received my ipod from Mr M, my favorite gift of the season, but I only mentioned in brief what my boy Sherman got for me. What did he get? Well, he got me a new boarder is what. Yes, folks, Quick Draw McGraw is now living at the Poderosa, and is one of "the boys."





















So, what can I tell you about the newest member of our little commune here? Well, he's a very nice fellow, gets along well with everyone, loads only caps into his pistol (I was worried about the impending gunplay, so this is good news), and likes beans. I mean, he really likes beans, and requests a pot at every meal. Even breakfast. He and Huckleberry Hound also have quite the friendly argument going on about Alabama (Huckie's home state) and Georgia (where Quick Draw spent a fair amount of time before moving here). Lots of state jokes flying back and forth.

Hey, speaking of the ipod, I finally seem to have hit upon an acceptable car solution. This little gizmo, which is an FM transmitter but has good sound, and also has the added attractions of both charging the pod and fitting in a cupholder.





















OK, so the ipod's in one cupholder, my keys (and "Bill" keychain) are in another - where in the hell am I going to put my coffee? Because, really, if I have to drive without coffee, the trip's not worth it.

Now let's move on to New Year's Eve, and the alcohol-free Sauerkraut Band gig at the church. Don't believe me? Refuse to accept that we could be playing on the altar? Well, here's proof - a special "Ein Prosit" blessing from none other than wacky trumpeter (but then again, aren't they all) Russell himself.



















Sherman and Peabody were there in full force, of course, even though they didn't have the luxury of being affixed to our stands by the stand lights (didn't use those, you see). They decided to hang in front of the pulpit at the lovely plant. Which, during the second set, Sherman decided he'd hide in.




















That boy's such a joker, I'm telling you. Just a card. Anyway, later in the evening Jude (the Corruptor) snapped a photo of a very tired me with the boys. And the plant. Really. I was starting my final sinking spell at this point. As you can tell by my hair - when my hair starts to droop, you know the end is near.





















And so there you go. Christmas and New Year's. And on to 2007, may it be picture-filled, and that's something of a prayer, because I'm hard-pressed lately to find pictures I think will interest anyone.

You know, there's an old saying. "They can't all be winners." Is that an old saying? Well, if it's not, I'm making it a saying, maybe a new saying. Keep that in mind when you take a gander at the recipe du jour this week. It was a great idea on paper, but was a little unruly in practice. Anyway, it's from the "Peppy Treats" file at cardland, and say hello to it now, Caffsicles.


















Caffsicles are for those of you who want a nice frozen treat and a pick-me-up at the same time. Therefore, these little popsicles are loaded with caffeine. On the upper right there you have your coffeesicle, then beside it on the left, for those so inclined, you have your coffeewithcreamersicle. And then, for the younger set and those of you not afraid to spontaneously combust, in the lower center we have the RedBullsicle. (You know, I'm completely convinced that Red Bull has made at least one person in the world spontaneously combust, or maybe just explode, and that it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.)

So have a cool treat that will give you the jitters for the rest of the day.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* A word to the wise. When turning on the eye of your stove, please pay attention to which eye you want burning and which dial you turn. I almost burned up my house this afternoon, and did burn my stove eye cover into oblivion.
* And by the way - Quick Draw's tail? As soft as a puppy's ear, it is. I could rub it forever. But I won't, since that would make all the fur fall out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

I think you should rub all the tail you want. You're over 21.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Now now, even I know what a stove eye is. Although I suppose in practice I say "burner."

I think Quick Draw with his soft tail was a gift from Sherman to himself - so you'd want to have your way with the puppy's ear rather than sticking your fingers up his shorts.

Also - that coffeewithcreamcicle sounds really good. Did you add sugar?

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home