Sunday, March 11, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. It is that very bewitching time of night, and time for another edition of Picture Sunday.

I spent a weekend here at the Pod, Mr M came to visit, and I'm not going into any details, because I shall be blogging about it all later in the week. Good stuff.

And I'm a little pressed for time here, and I'm warning you right now, no acro this week - I'm gearing up for an incredibly busy week which may or may not include a stint at Jury Duty. But I do have pictures tonight, and a recipe, and this week we're going to play another mind-numbing game of "Guess What It Is!"

Yes, you all know how it works. I'll print a picture of something, you tell me what it is. It's that easy. Just as last time, no prizes, unless you consider being right a prize in itself.

Wanna get started? Well, me either, but let's do it anyway.

Here's the first one. By the way, I think all of them this week are pretty easy, but I'll start with the easiest first.





















OK, everyone knows that one, right?

Let's go to the next one. An item I can probably bet we all have in our own home.
















Easy again, right? Ahhh, the next one. It's red, I'll tell you that!





















Hint for this one. Look at the bottom of the picture. And remember something I told you.

Now, the next two are a little harder. The first one comes from The Beast, aka my spare bedroom. It sits on a cabinet.





















You know, that used to be in the denette, but I moved it and its display-mates into the spare bedroom. Don't know if that helps.

Here's the last one. It's in the living room. But not always! That's the best hint can give.


















So there you go. If you know the answers and can tell me what my pictures are of, just send it along in a comment.

Now it's time for this week's recipe du jour. How many of you have kids? Well, not many, probably, but how many of you were a kid? Ahhh, a few more, right? Well, sometimes kids (even when they're us) can be snot-nosed little brats, and what does any self-respecting parent do when their kid comes out with something like, "You fucking fuckheaded fuckity fuck-fucked fucker?" Well, whether they do or not, they want to wash the kid's mouth out with soap. However, in these times of progressive parenting, these days of not punishing a child lest we hurt his breakable little feelings, that's not so easily done. Or is it? From the "Clean Treats" file in cardland, say hello to Soap Cream.




















Yes, it's a lot easier to wash a kid's mouth out with soap if you've made the soap into ice cream! In fact, the little tyke will in essence wash his own mouth! Just boil up some Ivory soap (99 and 44/100 % pure, we use no artificial ingredients!), get it all creamy, and add in some goodies. I used honey and crumbled up cinnamon Graham crackers. Freeze it up, and serve it to the cussing little bastard in question. And just for good measure, I had Peabody pose in the photo waving an admonishing finger to all the little misbehavers out there. If you're not a kid, or have no kids, just take your soap cream to the bath with you. You can wash with it, and the crumbled-up crackers make an excellent exfoliant.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Kudos to Mr M, who had the original recipe du jour idea, Soap S'mores. Who knew that soap didn't melt when baked? Who else knew that it smoked and came close to setting the oven on fire?
* I forgot to make my pictures bigger this week. Oh well. Not going back and changing.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

1. A Barbie doll's legs

2. Ice cubes in a glass?

3. A vacuum cleaner

4. Pompons

5. Something with a hinge - kind of looks like something that was in my Ford Fairmont.

I wish you had been around during the days when I used to get my mouth washed out. I used to have to suck on Irish Spring. And I never said anything like "cocksucker" or "fuckityfuckfuck." Feh. Kids these days have it SO easy.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto michelle until 5. 5 is a photo album?

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Barbie legs
2. This one is stumping me, Ice??
3. Minature Radio Flyer
4. A Pom pom??
5. The inside of your fuzzy clarinet case.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn - a vaccum, I should have got that one.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

1. Someone in a knit horizonally striped skirt standing next to a brass hootowl.

2. My kitchen floor (how did you get that picture anyway?)

3. The plaque at the bottom of Alan Arkin's Oscar.

4. My intestines after mexican food.

5. A Tootsie Roll fished from under a movie seat.

11:46 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

1. Barbie's legs. And Skippper's.
2. Bubble wrap?
3. Gotta be the vacuum, but my first thought was a close-up of a PICA typewriter.
4. No cloo.
5. Inside of the clarinet case, I think.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Capt. A. on French Cabaret night.
2. A dead pillow.
3. A sign on the parking garage attached to the poderosa.
4. Capt A's favorite shirt.
5. Capt A's lungs after the pipe.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home