Monday, March 26, 2007

Picture Sunday Moved To Monday

Hello, Mondayers! Well, I hope you stayed tuned, because it's the event that has made me so proud of you all, the First Annual Kim Jong Il Fashion Extravaganza.

Now, to be fair, this didn't begin as my idea. I found it on msnbc.com's website. A little drawing of Mr Il in his undies, for anyone to print out and draw upon. The idea was that the man had been wearing those Dictator Duds way too long, and needed some sprucing up. I spruced him up a few times in 2/18/07's Picture Sunday, then invited you to do the same.

I thought for a while my idea was going to be something of a Dictator Dud, but after a bit more begging and cajoling, I finally have enough entries to send Mr Il down the runway.

Let's begin the extravaganza!

[House lights down - spotlights on]

It took long enough for Stennie to get her fashions to me. Well, to be fair, she had to mail them, but she made up for it by sending me no fewer than four fantabulous fashions. So her Ils will be showing up every other entry. Kind of like our movies on the podcast, if you think about it.

Her first fashion is what we'll call the Casual American Look. Go to any shopping center, and you might find him.

























Lovely. Great for those lazy Sundays flipping through back copies of Guns and Ammo.

[applause]

Our next fashion comes from Kellie (with an ie), she of acro and oboe. Well, she just went wild with frivolity, and guess who just may be joining the Sauerkraut Band next Oktoberfest? He'll keep those trumpets in line! Here is Oktoberfest Il.

























Have another beer, Il. And let's see you chicken dance!

[applause]

Next, from Stennie again, we have the hip-hop look The Kids are so fond of nowadays. Perfect for a Friday night rave, or just giving the prisoners a little laugh on Visiting Day. It's Flava Jong Il.

























I hope you remembered to insert your grill, Il.

[applause]

Now comes a special fashion entry. I'm rather chuffed over this one, it's from Duke (who, as we all know, thinks I'm creepy). He wanted to join in the fun, but swore he couldn't draw a lick. But he gave us an example of really thinking outside the box. He also gets an extra round of applause for being my first taker on the show. Yes, it's a throwback to those fashion days of yore, the Zoot Suit.

























Put on a Cab Calloway record and let the good times roll, Il.

[applause]

And - yes, it's Stennie again, with her Earthy Hippie. This is when Il wants to slack from Dictator Duty for a while, and sit at the coffee shop discussing the finer points of Scooby Doo.

























Be careful with that beard, Il. The CIA has a whole book about dictator beards.

[applause]

And who could be next? Why, lawks a mercy, it's Mr M. Mr M has chosen the Ewan McTeagle look for Il. Yes, it's for those holidays in Scotland, roaming up and down the countryside reciting his favorite poems. Like, "Could You Loan Me A Quid Till Thursday."

























Lovely. How about a little Highland Fling now?

[applause]

And finally, from Stennie one last time, we have the Getting Out of Jury Duty look. Or Halloween, or just for nerds everywhere. Live long and prosper indeed.

























Dammit, Jim, I'm a dictator!

[applause]

Well, that was wonderful. A big fat Betland thanks to all of you who participated, I wish I had flowers and prizes for you all. But I don't, so you're empty-handed but appreciated.

Wait! Don't go home yet. We still have a recipe du jour!

Speaking of Ewan McTeagle, a Monty Python character, let's go back to Python for our recipe. Anyone remember the rat tart skit? A rat tart without so much rat in it? Well, here in the "Rodentia!" file at cardland, there is no such thing. Say hello to, with plenty of rat in it, Rat Tarts.
























The recipe? Two tarts, two rats. Couldn't be easier. I have the D-Con there, but just like I couldn't kill Walter the mouse when he invaded the Poderosa, I couldn't kill these fellows either. So they're sitting in the tarts having a high old time.

(Why yes, I am running out of recipe ideas. How did you guess?)

Oh, crap, I promised an acro, didn't I? OK, send me a comment about any or all of the above to the tune of

A B C D

before 10pm tomorrow night. There.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* First walk of the season - Lord have mercy, am I out of shape. Only got a mile in before I caved.

5 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

What a great fashion show! I'm hardly impartial since I sent an entry but I have to say Mr. M got II's look down pat. He always seemed like a highland flinger to me. Special mention to stennie's red shirt (I got a bad feeling about this trip) trekker. He could investigate the poisonous wastelands while Kirk flew on to the planet of Nearly Naked Women.

No prizes? Not even a shuffle through the garbage for a hucklebug prize? Geez.

I was confused when I saw that big box of D-Con. For a minute I thought you were giving us the recipe for Wal-mart and Iams cat food.

11:38 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

I love Zoot Suit Jong-Il! Well al-reet!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

These are great! And new blogger ate my comments!

Asian butthead, clothed daringly. And boldly, creepily dressed. Alas, bare chest denied.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

Okay, come ON, people. First things first: Hippies do not say Daddy-O. Just so ya know. As a recovering hippie, I can attest to this as a fact.

Otherwise, a bang up job on clothing Kim Jong Ass, uh I mean Il.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was not meant to be a hippie, he was meant to be a beatnik. His hair's too short for a hippie.

Somehow I completely missed that there was an acro in this entry! I suspect you did not pull those letters randomly from the Scrabble bag.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home