Sunday, April 08, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to a holiday round of Picture Sunday. What makes this edition of Picture Sunday so special is that - well, there are no pictures.

Kind of.

The big news of the week, for those of you who don't listen to the hucklebug podcast (and if you don't, why not?), is that I got my beloved camera back! Thanks to good ol' ESP, who read last week's blog and went on a quest of sorts to find it for me. She called the high school where I left it. See, I did this too, but apparently got a rather dim lady who told me they didn't have it. She told me this about 2 seconds after I explained the situation, so I should have known she didn't really check so good, but I have no oomph. ESP apparently has oomph, and spoke to the right people at the school, and voila! I have my camera!

And so I celebrated by not taking any pictures! That's so me.

It was a long weekend here at the Pod, I had Friday off, and I spent all of that day, most of that night, and part of Saturday recording my vinyl to mp3s. Yep, on Thursday I got the equipment I'd ordered for the task, it works beautifully, and I had a blast. Had you been here, I don't think it would be possible for you to have seen me any happier, sitting here at the Nerve Center, in my pajamas, surrounded by vinyl. Got lots of 80s stuff done, just a drop in the bucket really, but at about midday on Saturday I kind of ran out of steam and couldn't think of anything else I just had to have in iTunes. So I stopped. I haven't moved the turntable, though, because I have a feeling I'll get the urge again rather soon.

I did a blog some 3 years ago called "Vinyl Fetish" where I mentioned how I hadn't gotten out stacks of records and played them all day in such a long time. I got to do that this weekend, and I loved every minute of it.

Then Saturday it was to Mr M's, where we played clarinets, went out for Mexican food, and tried to watch movies. I rented three movies this weekend, only one of which I really wanted to see, but I fell asleep during that one. When I woke up, Mr M had changed to a different movie, I couldn't get interested, and so we ended up watching about 6 episodes of "My Name is Earl." I love Earl. I think Mr M may have been enjoying it, too. I don't know when those movies are ever going to get watched. They have to be back by Wednesday, and I have a feeling I just wasted my money renting them.

Anyway, since I have no pictures for you, I'm giving you not one, but two recipes du jour. Because, well, it is the holidays, you know.

Yes, it's Easter. And what does Easter say to you? Turkey? Ham? Eggs? Never. It says Peeps, people. Easter is all about the Peeps. Our first recipe is from the "Happy Easter" file at cardland, and here it is, say hello, it's just waiting for you, the Peeps Pyramid.




















OK, this isn't so much a recipe as it is just playing with your food. I'll admit that right up front. All you do here is take a big-ass mess of Peeps and start stacking them on top of one another. This would make a fine table centerpiece for when the family comes to call for the holiday dinner. And then they do, well, those Peeps aren't through making everyone happy. They'll be a fine dinner when they become the Peep Loaf.


















Ahhh, the good old Peep Loaf. All you do here is take your Peeps and line them up, as many as will fit, in your meat loaf pan. Then sprinkle them with cheese and bake them for several minutes. It's an odd thing with Peeps. When I took this pan out of the oven, the Peep Loaf was so high it was popping right out of the pan. After about 10 minutes it had sunk to its current state. But not to worry. I still scooped some out, covered it with the remaining pink sprinkles from the Peeps box, and everyone please keep a kind thought that my meat loaf pan will survive this. It's still soaking, and right now, things aren't looking so good.

Hey, do you like my Easter Eggs there? Made them myself. And by the by, you may want to have a couple of eggs handy if you're having Peep Loaf. You may need them later. If not to eat, then surely to throw at the cook.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Back to work. The only bad thing about a long weekend. Harder to go back to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Ha! My first thought when I saw the Peep loaf is "that's the end of that pan..."

The Washington Post this weekend had a contest for Peeps dioramas. You can see the winners here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/05/AR2007040501976.html

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home