Sunday, May 20, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to the latest edition of no-picture Picture Sunday.

This weekend it was back to business as usual. Nice Friday chill, did some housework and took a lengthly nap, then it was to Mr M's and Poderosa East on Saturday for movies, dinner, and clarinet duets. I'm not feeling quite as hinky about the upcoming recital performance as I was, but I'm still nervous about it. Just think - if I mess it up, I not only embarrass myself, but ruin the recital for him! Well, actually, I'll just embarrass myself.

Then it was back home today.

And now, a public service announcement.

A Little Shameless Hackensaw Boys Shill!

Hey, you! Yes, you, sitting there idle at the computer.

Have you been yearning to see the Hackensaw Boys, but they're nowhere near your town? Or they are near your town, but you're too busy sitting there idle in front of your computer?

Well, fret no more! Because you can go here and see a whole concert by my favorite band! And this isn't any of your filmed with a phone camera crap you see on YouTube. This is high-quality stuff.

See Ferd! See Baby J! See the rest! And have the time of your life. And no one will even fault you for twisting in your computer chair, or even getting up and dancing right there at your desk.

If you don't have time for the whole concert, you can pick songs at random. My personal recommendations are tracks 1, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 19 and 28.

Do it - I know you want to.

And now, back to Picture Sunday.

And now it's time for the recipe du jour.

Everybody likes lunch. You show me a person who doesn't like lunch, and I'll show you a person who needs serious professional help. But lunch has gotten kind of boring lately, hasn't it? Same old soup, same old salad, same old sandwich.

Well, maybe not. From the "Let's Do Lunch!" file at cardland, please say hello to it, if you dare, the PB & L sandwich.






















Yep, those of you tired of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day can take heart. Here is, for your approval, a peanut butter and lima bean sandwich. Easy to put together, just spread your pb and add your l. Top with fancy toothpicks, which make any sandwich taste better.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Kudos to Mr M, who began the germ of the idea that became this week's recipe du jour. His original idea was peanut butter and green bean sandwich, but for this first time since I've owned my home, I had not a green bean to my name. Oh well. A bean's a bean, right?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

Needs chips or something. But I love the plate!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I thought you made the plate. But here's a question -- why do you have lima beans in your house? (Psst, you're grown up now -- you don't have to eat them)

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home