Sunday, May 27, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another round of Picture Sunday. Tonight's Picture Sunday may be lacking in pictures, but it's not lacking in any good spirits, since tomorrow's a holiday and I'm not rushed and depressed about going to work tomorrow.

Had a good weekend. Friday Chill, watched a movie, went to Mr M's Saturday for clarinet recital practice, he made a fine, fine dinner, got the absolute shit scratched out of my finger by Alice the Cat (really, she's not long for this world), then back home where it was a nap. A way too long nap. Now it's laundry, and the rest of the night free.

Wow. If you have no pictures, and sum up your entire weekend in a couple of sentences, you've got an incredibly short Picture Sunday, don't you? Oh well, you all are off doing your Long Weekend things too, who has time to read?

Let's get right to the recipe, and a little shout-out for Mr M.

See, sometimes it's hard to for me to give credit where it's due when Mr M comes up with the germ of what will be my recipe du jour. Why is this? I don't know. I've actually given it some thought. Maybe it's because there's not much physical work in being the Idea Man, and there's a lot of work in being the Recipe Maker. More likely, it's that I don't want the world to know that he's more into the recipe du jour than I am. I mean, it being my blog and all, you'd think I'd really be excited in coming up with recipe ideas, but frankly, I'm not. I'm just about spent.

However, sometimes the man comes up with an idea so great that a shout-out is the least I can do. As is the case this week. Genius, it was. And so, with a hale and hearty shout-out to Mr M himself, say hello to this week's recipe, from the "No-Carb Italian" file at cardland, Cassetti.





















I know some of you out there try to tone it down on the carbs. I see not a thing wrong with eating carbs till you bust, but I can't eat them because they make very sickly things happen to me. So for whatever reason you avoid them, here is the dish for you.

Take a cassette tape. I took one of my all-time favorites, Volume 1 of my Big-Ass 80s Mix Cassette. You unravel that baby and cut it into suitable strips, top it with some Italian cheese, and you have a musical meal fit for a king. (And just in case you're wondering why I'd cut up one of my favorite cassettes of all time, may I just remind you of my weeks of bliss turning vinyl into mp3. I don't need that cassette anymore!)

It makes one wonder, though. Would different tapes have different tastes? Would a Patsy Cline cassette taste different than a Ramones cassette? And would a blank cassette be rather tasteless? Who knows, but Sherman's there with his own plate of cassetti, and he's keen to try it out to tell us. As for me, there's only one thing in that picture I'm interested in consuming, and to be honest, I already have, about half the glass. And it's fine indeed.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* On tap for tomorrow? Hopefully flower planting. We'll see.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently Peabody wasn't observing when you made the dish. Any gourmets know that audio tapes goes with white wine, not red. (Same for video. CDs go with red, though.)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think different cassettes would have different flavors. For example, Barry White would be rich and creamy, and Elvis Costello would be bitter.

11:30 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

What an ingenius use for all my left over cassette tapes! Especially when I am running a little low at the bank...

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Well, Celine would be sickeningly sweet and inedible. But young Frank would be smooth, complex, and boozy.

Oh, and this is the best word verification I've ever seen...

dufubqdn

There's something in that. Not sure what.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the napkin - looks like Sherman is ready to dive in! I hope it is just apple juice for Sherman!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home