Sunday, August 19, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to a recipe-only round of Picture Sunday. Hey, you got a picture on Friday. Consider it a bonus.

Things were fairly back to normal this weekend, went to B'burg, played some clarinet duets, then went to the town's local summer musical, for which Mr M played in the orchestra. It was "Bye, Bye, Birdie," and it mixed the quite good with the horrendously bad. Oh well, it was a night out.

I've been spending the past week, besides mowing, trying to get to the bottom of my ever-disappearing funds in the bank book problem. (Remember that blog a couple of years ago?) I'm determined to prove to myself that it is in fact me and not the bank. I'm not sure why I want to prove that it is me and not the bank, but I do. Maybe I just want to trust my bank.

Anyway, because all of this, I have no pictures, and I don't really care. Because I have a recipe du jour I'm sure you'll all enjoy so much you won't even notice the lack of pictures elsewhere. It comes from the "Fancy Desserts" file in cardland, and please say hello to it now, Lemon Meringue Pea.



















Lemon Meringue Pea combines the wholesome goodness of pie with the wholesome goodness of peas. It's your basic lemon meringue pie recipe with a few peas thrown into the mix. Just a few though - you don't want to overpea things. Bake, then refrigerate, and top with a single delicate pea.

The most important thing about the recipe du jour, though? I want to stress that I do not - and I repeat this, I do not - have any pink walls in my home. That picture was taken against a white door. I have no pink walls.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* The best part of "Bye Bye Birdie?" Hugo Peabody. Played by a kid probably 13, looked about 9, but damn was that kid good! A 9-year old Olivier, I'm telling ya. Oh, and Mr M's solo in "Shriner's Ballet" rocked.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

I'm surprised to see you have pink walls in your house. They sure are pink. I'd think about painting them.

11:30 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

I know asking you to learn and run another computer application might just make you hinky, but have you tried Quicken? I use it to balance my checkbook and track all of my finances and it's an absolute godsend.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home