Sunday, August 26, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

Well. Aren't I just Betty Homeowner. As you all know, last week I decided to take up the gauntlet thrown down my previous Mowing Boys, who all left me to go off and have lives, and I bought my own little mower and decided the time was right for Mowing Girl. And so I mowed once, and was awfully impressed with myself, so much so that I mowed again the next week. That second mow was this past Thursday, it was 90 degrees at 7 pm, the humidity was hovering around 100%, and I thought I would die. I didn't, but I missed the first 20 minutes of an episode of "My Name Is Earl" I hadn't seen, so it was almost the same thing.

So, the thrill is gone after two mows, or at least till it cools down a little around here.

Anyway, Betty Homeowner. Not only have my own lawn mower, but my own shed to put it in.

























Oh, but my dear friends and blogees, that wasn't enough. Of course not. As Betty Homeowner, I also had to have something to trim those hard-to-reach places in the yard. So last night while I was in B'burg communing with Mr M and the DeepFatFriar, I just went hog wild and pig crazy and bought a weedeater.

























It's an electric model, which is fair enough for me, seeing as how I don't have a single electrical outlet on the outside of the Poderosa. But the electric had two big things going for it. It was cheaper, and it was lighter. I bought a big extension cord and prepared to let the good times roll.

Good thing I got the lightest one, because that weedeating isn't the easiest job around. After trimming around the driveway, front walk, house, and flower bed (which is completely devoid of flowers and very void of weeds), my left arm felt like jello. And it still does! I have a jello arm!

And so, please be happy that I'm becoming a responsible member of my neighborhood, even though it's not really much of a neighborhood to speak of. It's more of a road. And stay happy when I tell you you're going to be disappointed in the recipe du jour.

I've been in a bit of a recipe du jour crisis. You see, before, in my past crises, it's been the work involved. The coming up with ideas, making the dishes, turning them into cards. Right now my crisis seems to be that I can't take a decent picture of anything to save my ass. You know this. Look at the carrot pudding. Look at last week's, the absolutely stunning Lemon Meringue Pea. That dish was a million dollar dish, and I took a 2-cent photo of it.

So I've spent most of the evening not so much working on a dish, but working on combinations of camerawork and Paint Shop Pro work. The dish? Well, it's the end of the weekend. What did I have around? What do I always have around. From the "Protein Plus" file at cardland, please say hello if you dare to Chicken a l'Orange Crapius.






















Yep, take your basic boneless skinless chicken breast, stick it in the oven, then about halfway through the baking, mix up a batch of Orange Crapius protein drink to pour over it and finish baking. And my oh my, doesn't the Crapius take on an interesting texture when baked? It's a wonder, that stuff.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I've decided that as a way of sending mail to the nephew, I'm going to start making him postcards of recipes du jour.
* Really. It's jello.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back a few years ago, when I suddenly found myself living alone with a lawn to mow, I bought myself a reel mower too. Unfortunately, I had lots of branches and acorns, so it didn't work very well. So I took to mowing the lawn with the weed whacker. My next door neighbor ended up feeling so bad for me that he offered to do my lawn for $15 a week. He wasn't exactly a Mowing Boy, but it was better than cursing my way through the lawn myself!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ugh, just when I think it can't get more disgusting...

I raise my own jello-y arm to you for using a weed whacker. Growing up, the edging was my job, and what a pain in the butt, arms, shoulders and back it was.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home