Monday, September 24, 2007

Acrochallenge!

Hello, acroers, acroites, acrophiles, and even acrophobes. And welcome to another round of acromania.

I've been trying to watch Ken Burns' "The War" this week. I've tried both nights, and both nights I've fallen asleep. Yes, it's that boring. I don't know quite how he did it, making WWII boring. I love the interviews - I wish it was just 2 hours a night of interviews with those veterans and their families. They tell a story way better than Burns.

So that brings us to tonight's acrotopic. "What Did You Do In The War, Daddy?" Yep, just answer the question, and be promoted to Acromajor.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets 3 entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket's dad didn't serve. Made of wicker, you know. Then at 10:00 est tomorrow night I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners, who'll get an all-expense paid trip to the Russian Front.

The topic? "What Did You Do In The War, Daddy?" The letters:

N T O E S A

Now, acro. Dammit.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Why do I even try for updates on a Monday? I'm always late to podcast.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Hmm, I'm going to alter the question to "What did you do in the war, Mommy?" because I have no idea what the boys were up to.

No TV, only entertainment Sam Adams.

Needlessly tired, overly exhausted, steamy, aggravated.

Nicely told officers "eat shit and...."

6:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, Bet. I've been trying to watch that very same series. It's great for insomnia. I've been thinking of taping it.

Ok, so Acro:



Napalmed terrorists, openly, excitedly shot Asians.

Navy training over Estonia, South America.

Nestle Tester - over eating, sitting around

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home