Sunday, September 09, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

Weekend at home this time around. Spent a pre-Friday Chill mowing the yard (and believe me, with the lack of rain, there's not much to mow), then hung out, watched movies, and stayed up late. Saturday, Mr M came to the Pod for a change, and we did the usual, played clarinets, argued, watched TV, and I made dinner.

Today, it was gathering the family for a dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday, which was this past Wednesday. I do love my family, but God, sometimes an outing with them is like running a marathon while being beaten with a bicycle chain. That was pretty much the case tonight. Came home in a rather foul mood and in need of coffee.

Hey, when Mr M arrived at my door Saturday, he arrived bearing gifts. Now, I like gifts, I like gifts a lot. And this one was a nice gift. I'll show you what it was, and you can all play a round of "What In The Hell Is This?"

























Yes, there it is, standing tall like the barometer of fear that it is. Is it the monolith from "2001 A Space Odyssey?" Nope. Is it a sleeping bag for a snake? Nope. A French bread warmer? Afraid not.

It's a clarinet cozy!

Yes, now, in my near 60-degree home, when I've played my clarinet and want to stand it on its peg, I don't have to worry about it freezing and cracking. I also don't have to wrap the piece of fleece I bought at the fabric store around it. Now all I have to do is slip the cozy over it, and it will stay warm and toasty. One of the great inventions of musicdom, I say.

And now it's time for the recipe du jour.

You know, my podcast buddy Stennie is all excited because she got a new bike. Those of you hucklebug listeners will recall hers was stolen a while back. Well, in honor of her new wheels, I bring to you, from the "Mobile Treats" file in cardland, the Fudgecycle.





















The Fudgecycle is an easy recipe to make. All you need is some fudge, a knife, and a very steady hand. You don't have to make sugar spokes and handlebars, or add color to the bike body and flag. But I did. Because I care.

Original inspiration for this dish came from the DeepFatFriar, who suggested a FudgeSickle, which was a fine idea, but I decided to go in a little different direction.

Sherman has dibs on the Fudgecycle, btw. That boy loves fudge.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I, who am very lacking in funds lately, decided to throw caution to the wind and buy a fancy new coffeemaker this weekend. I'm poor, but happy. And hoppy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home