Monday, November 26, 2007

Acrochallenge!

Yes, it's back, you letter-loving bastards. It's time for another round of acromania.

OK, I was going to do a post-Thanksgiving acro, but that's just, well, so last week. So I've been doing some thinking, and came up with a different topic. One that's oh, so three years ago. But I like it, and I'm sticking with it.

I like "Bargain Hunt" on BBCAmerica. And I used to like "Antiques Roadshow" on PBS. In fact, I did a Picture Sunday about it some years ago. But this week's acrotopic shall be, "What Are You Bringing To The Antiques Roadshow?" Family heirlooms? Stuff you found on the side of the road? Your aunt Bertha's fruitcake? Let us know.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is not an antique, but he's very, very valuable. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners and non-winners.

So, the topic, "What Are You Bringing To The Antiques Roadshow?" The letters:

F S D A O

So there you have it. Now acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I'm having trouble thinking of updates. I need the Olympics to start back.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Found stupendous Dickinson auction overrun.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Argh -- it ate my comments. Let me try this again and see if I remember what I came up with.

Finely-stained davenport, appropriately old.

Frito sack diorama, aged overnight.

French "special" dolls, appearing orgasmic.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

This in, via messenger, from DeepFatFriar:

F S D A O

Ferd's soprano dulcimer and ocarino.
Flatware Saint Dominic ate off.
Fine stuffed dodos, aardvarks, octupi.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home