Monday, November 05, 2007

Picture Acrochallenge! Monday

Hello, beginning of weekers, and lovers of letters. Since I didn't get a Picture Sunday up last night (no pictures, no time, dinner with the folks), I thought I'd kind of combine Picture Sunday and another scintillating round of acromania.

You know, a couple of Fridays ago I went to see the Hackensaw Boys. That was a good thing. I should have known it would be a good night, because on the way to the tiny but teeming town of Floyd, VA, I saw a rainbow. I saw - a double rainbow! It was a sight to behold, and I beheld it. Twice. I stopped at two points on the road to pull out my camera and snap a photo.























Pretty, huh?

Well, I was so inspired that I decided to turn that beautiful rainbow into a recipe du jour. The candy Skittles invites us all, in their commercials, to "taste the rainbow." So from the "Don't Taste The Rainbow" file at cardland, will you please welcome into your homes the Edible Rainbow.





















Ah, there it is, shining out like the barometer of queasiness that it is. The rainbow consists of bars of, going from inside to outside, ketchup, peas, mustard, mashed potatoes with blue crapius protein drink mixed in, pickled beets, dill relish, and southwestern dipping sauce. There's a whipped cream cloud hovering overhead, and under the rainbow is your own little pot of gold, a pot-shaped pat of butter.

Now, since we need an acro, let's make the acrotopic, "Tell Me Why My Rainbow Is As Good As Nature's Rainbow." Yes, I know, it's going to take a big stretch of imagination, but I know you can do it.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone will get three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket got a little queasy himself looking at my rainbow. Then tomorrow at 10 pm est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners and non-winners.

So, the acrotopic, "Tell Me Why My Rainbow Is As Good As Nature's Rainbow." The letters:

T E D Z D

Oooh, the elusive Z. Good luck on this one.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Night off from recording the hucklebug, and I still couldn't get the acro up before 10:00. I'm hopeless.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bet said...

This in from DeepFatFriar, via messenger:

They each disturb Zeus's digestion.
Their edges dazzle, Zasu. Dazzle!
Thus, erudite dirvish Zoroastrians debate.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Totally edible, doesn't zitify diners.

The extreme dining zone! Divine!

Tasty environment dares Zanzibar's deities.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home