Sunday, November 25, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and what a weekend to have to end. Four day weekends are wonderful, but they make going back to work on Monday harder, don't they. Anyway, it's time for another round of Picture Sunday.

I'm not feeling so talkative, and there's not much to tell anyway, but I've got lots of pictures for you.

I spent a very relaxed Thanksgiving with friends rather than family. That, of course, is why it was relaxed. I had dinner with Mr M and the DeepFatFriar. It was a very nice day. Great meal. Good wine. Fun conversation. Movies. Oh, and the odd clarinet duet.

A little visual, though.

Of course, Thanksgiving begins with a nice turkey, and ours was certainly that. As was the stuffing that went with it. DFF did the bird, Mr M did the stuffing. How could you refuse a turkey from this man?

























We also had some gravy, which had to be good since it was given the DeepFatFriar Seal of Approval.

























Mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, asparagus, and these two items, Mr M's 21-Dollar Salad and my pumpkin pie.




















And the wine. Well, what can I say about the wine but this.
























This wine was grown at a vineyard on land owned by a deed of trust from the estate of - yes, hold your breath, because it's that exciting - Fred MacMurray. Yes, make your best "Double Indemnity," "The Apartment," or "My Three Sons" joke. But it was really good wine. In fact, Fred and I got on quite well. I became quite besotted with Fred. Or was that besotted on Fred.

Anyway, a good time was had by all.

And the rest of the weekend, I chilled! Came home Friday, did a little laundry, did absolutely sod-all on Saturday, and today the DeepFatFriar came down and we raided Sam's Club, doing much raping and pillaging, and then we celebrated our newly gotten gains by watching a movie.

However, I do have one more small picture. It's for anyone who read Mr M's Birthday Blog, about my idea for a new "Mystery!" on PBS, "Captain and Boy." I figure along with the idea, I needed to work up a promo photo to send them as well.




















You'd watch it, wouldn't you?

And now it's time for the recipe du jour. Yes, I made pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, which I of course didn't get to eat, and deviled eggs, which I did. They weren't bad, and I can't help it, I think it should be "devilled" eggs, because when I see "deviled" eggs, I want to say "de-viled." But that's neither here nor there. Next holiday, try bringing these to your big pot luck dinner. From the "Devilish!" file at cardland, please say hello to Deviled Ham and Eggs.























Yes, why just settle for deviled eggs when you can combine deviling with that old American classic, Ham and Eggs? You shouldn't settle! Have both! All you do is boil up your eggs, and instead of replacing them with doctored up yolks, just stick in some Underwood deviled ham. Yes, it must be Underwood, because they have the dancing devil on the package. Then top with a pickled beet (if you're fancy, and I know you are), and serve to the bewildered partygoers.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I'd just like to announce that this weekend, I finally figured out the neverending mystery of my Movie List. (Yes, I have a movie list.) So it's completely up-to-the-second updated now. Hats and horns!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home