Sunday, December 23, 2007

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders! Welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

Yes, it was a happy "end of weekend" greeting. Because I'm officially on vacation until January 3d. So let it be Sunday night. I don't care if all my presents aren't wrapped, if my house looks like a cyclone hit it (but not like a pigsty, we've been through that already), and that I'm headed to podcast in 30 minutes and haven't had dinner or finished this blog. It doesn't matter, it's all good.

I was pretty busy all week, which explains the lack of blogging. Then this weekend I headed to B'burg to play the clarinet quartet concert I'd mentioned, the one at the retirement home, for which I was to be paid a quarter by Mr M, owing to the fact that I wasn't playing Christmas music again unless I was paid. I didn't get my quarter. I'm taking him to small claims court.

It's OK, though, it came off quite well, even though my own playing was a little suspect, and for a concert that began as somewhat of a surprise (the residents didn't know about it till an announcement as we were setting up), we had a pretty good showing of people, and they really seemed to enjoy us.

Then it was back to Mr M's to celebrate the holiday with him and the DeepFatFriar. And let me tell you, it was an embarrassment of riches. Because, well, Mr M really kitted me out where Picture Sunday is concerned. He gave me a new printer, which I got to pick out today. He'd kind of mentioned that one to me, so it didn't come as a total shock, but it sure was a nice present. I've been limping along on the old printer I've had for at least, well - I had it when I moved here, so it's at least six years old.

But then, he shocked me by handing me a brand new digital camera! That, I was not expecting. It's a Nikon Coolpix, has 8.1 megapixels to my old and paltry 3.2, has movie capacity with sound, and all kinds of nice features. It's also very small, it'll fit very nicely with Sherman in my striped bag when I go see the Hackensaw Boys, and it's black. I mean, really. Black just oozes cool.

And so, let's have a moment of thanks for the old camera, as it passes the torch by taking one last picture. Of my new camera.























Nice polka dot bag it's sitting on, huh? I bought that as a gift for myself. So there.

Oh, Mr M also got me a new reed case, which is very chic and comes with a turquoise plaid flannel case. Yes, it's so high class, my case has its own case.

But what did Sherman get, I'm sure you're wondering. Well wonder no more. Sherman got (let me slip into my TV game show announcer voice) - a brand new car!




















Yes, he'll now be tooling around in his remote control sports car. He's been practicing his frontwards and backwards driving, turning, and not falling out. He's also been scaring the bejesus out of Alice the Cat, who just doesn't know what to make of this moving object. Look for him on a highway near you.

And while we're at it, how about my annual Christmas Tree Photo?

























Yep, there it is, surrounded by the few gifts I've wrapped and hiding the rest of my boys. I think if you look closely you'll see Mr Peanut, Huckie, and Gossamer. They're all back there, sitting under the tree in the boat I got from Kellie with an ie this summer.

And finally, not one to be content with only receiving, Sherman also got into the spirit of giving and gave Mr M a Christmas present. And really, from the kids, nothing beats a handmade gift. That's just what Our Boy did, too. And it became this week's recipe du jour. It's from the "Sherman's Baked Goods" file at cardland, and please say a big holiday hello to the Clarinet Cookie.




















As Sherman himself puts it, "Who doesn't love the clarinet, and who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies?" Who could disagree? All you need for this is some frozen cookie dough. Sherman chose choco-chip, you could choose anything. Then you roll it out thinly, bake it, take a sharp knife, and start carving your horn. Make some indentations for the finger holes, then take white icing and start your adding of keys and rings. Or strings, if you choose to make a chocolate chip violin, or even pedals if you're really imaginative and decide to make a gingerbread organ. Which sounds rather dirty, but that's just me.

Happy week, and happy holidays.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Remember my blog about the practice of overpackaging? There's a blog (and an angry letter) in the future to Mattel for the packaging of Sherman's car. Stay tuned.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger bitterspice said...

That's a cool car. Sweet!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

Hey, if you're on vacation why ain't we gettin no blog updates? Is this the esteem you hold your readers in?

Sherman can ride the Geico lizard around and maybe get a big discount on his insurance. A little bribery never hurts. I'm not saying he's gay or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that) but when money is involved you have to stay flexible, you know?

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home