Friday, February 08, 2008

Such Nice Boys

Hello.

For those who care, I'm feeling better today. A visit to the doctor, a big fat prescription of antibiotics, and a diet of soup and green tea has me feeling human again. My throat is still extremely sore, but the fever is gone, and I don't fear falling down when I try to walk.

However, I'm not feeling well enough for a trip. Which stinks, as I had one planned for tonight. My very own Hackensaw Boys are playing in Huntington, WV tonight. That's a mere 2 ½ hours away, way too close to give a pass to. But I'm giving it a pass. I'm just not up to it, I couldn't stand in a club for a few hours, and even if I forced myself, I know I'd end up as sick as I was two days ago. And my doctor basically forbade me to breathe on anyone.

So I left a comment on their myspace page. I did this to be funny, and because I told Ferd I'd see him tonight. The comment was along the lines of, "I had a great time in Morgantown, but was felled by strep throat and won't be in Huntington. If you'd like to stop by on your way there and play 'Gospel Plow' to cheer me up, you're welcome to, but I can't breathe on anyone, so you'll have to do it in my front yard. I'll wave from the window, though."

Ha ha. Ain't I cute.

Imagine my surprise when I checked my myspace page today. Yes, I have one of those awful things too, mainly set up so I'd have an easy email route to the Dear Nephew (this was before he became a college student and got his own .edu email). I noticed not an email from The Nephew, but a comment. From the Hackensaw Boys! "Feel better soon."

I keep telling you all they're such nice boys.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* It's Friday night, and I'm getting bold. I'm celebrating by eating solid food. There's a salad in the fridge with my name on it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Betster has a myspace page! Betster has a myspace page!

They really are nice boys.

Stennie has one too? Wow. I feel out of it, or very underexposed.

But don't worry dearie, you definitely have more than five friends.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

Wow, Huntington Wva is my old stomping grounds. Still have lots of relatives there. Where were the boys playing?

There is a Jeno's pizza and pub there. Back in my time on nice nights they'd stretch a sheet outside and show movies all night. You could eat pizza, get drunk as a hoot owl and watch the Marx bros. It don't get no better than that.

They also have a great antique tube radio museum. Sorry you missed that huh? lol

Get better and make sure Sherman isn't coughing. Kids catch stuff pretty easy.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad you went to the doctor,and I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better! And really, how sweet of the boys to write back. I'm sure they miss you when you aren't in the audience.

12:24 AM  
Blogger bitterspice said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Bet!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Hackensaws are sooo nice!! Glad you are on the mend!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home