Sunday, March 09, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. I'm gearing up for a really harsh and busy week at work. I think I'm going to be just too busy to blog. So on a suggestion from Mr M, I asked for help.

I have a houseful of cartoon characters with something to say. And so this week I'm going to let them say it. Every night this week, a different border at the Poderosa will take over my blog. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

We'll start tonight with Huckleberry Hound. This is for two reasons. One, he loves to cook, and two, he's been trying to learn to take some pictures. So tonight's perfect for him. Without further ado, may I introduce, Huckleberry!


















Howdy, pardners. It's your old pal Huckleberry Hound. And that there Bet has done asked me to write her a blog tonight. Now, I don't know much about these machines, but I told her I'd do my best.

When Bet got her a new camera for Christmas, she gave me her old 'un. I been learnin to take some pictures with it.

Here's the first 'un I took. It's of my little buddy Sherman and his father, Peabody. I like to call it "The Family Portrait."
























Oh, my. I done got my thumb in that picture. I gotta remember about that in the future.

My next picture is of my friend Mr Pee-nut. He's an awful nice fella, and he posed for this picture just the other day.

























Well, I'll be durned. That's some of Mr Pee-Nut, anyway.

Now, this is my try at takin' a picture that I'm in. That's called a "self portrait." I grabbed my old bud Quick Draw McGraw and said, "Git in a picture with me." And so he did. This is us just a-hangin' round the Poderosa.




















Well, that there weren't too bad, was it? That might be my best picture yet.

Now, y'all probably know I like me some cookin'. I like to cook for the boys at the Poderosa, and Bet, too, and I'm just pleased to be able to do that there recipe du jour. I didn't know what to make, but Bet said that you make the recipe funny. And so that's just what I did, folks.






















There's my recipe. Meat Loaf & Brussels Sprouts. This 'uns really funny. See, it's funny in two ways. It's called meat loaf, but a loaf is bread. And then they call 'em Brussels sprouts, and I got these at the local market. So they are Virginia sprouts. Ha ha ha ha ha, it's funny. I like a good joke.

So that's about it, and this is your friend Huckleberry a-signin' off.

Huckie's Olympic Update:
* Does anybody know how to take one of them fancy picture computer programs and take a blue thumb out of a picture?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

There's never anything humorous about Brussels Sprouts.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home