Sunday, March 16, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. Welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

First of all, let me extend a hale and hearty thank you to the other boys at the Poderosa for taking over the blog last week. It freed me up to deal with a week of hell at work, and I enjoyed what they had to say.

I spent the weekend at home, basically not leaving the house. Mr M and the DeepFatFriar came down today, and brought dinner with them, chicken soup. So I did a minimal amount of work and a maximum amount of lazing. And of course, because of that, there's not much to tell.

So let's get to the one picture of the night. You know, Spring is in the air. My daffodils are starting to bloom, and thoughts of love abound. In my closet.

Seems my favorite blouse, the white, blue, and yellow striped one, has fallen for my favorite jeans, the dark blue ones. I hope it's a lasting relationship.

























And so to the recipe du jour.

Tomorrow is St Patrick's Day. Yes, that day we all pretend to be Irish, and pretend that we like wearing green and drinking beer, even if beer lays heavy in our stomachs, and the green has to be fished out of the bottom drawer because we don't wear it any other days of the year. And so for tomorrow, the recipe du jour will be pretending to be Irish too. From the "It's Irish!" file at cardland, would be please say a jiggy hello to Saint Chicken Paddy.
























What could be more Irish than a chicken patty adorned with parsley hair and a parsley beard and mustache? Nothing, that's what! Add some peppercorn eyes, a cheese nose, and pepper mouth, and you have yourself an edible leprechaun. Beer optional.

And on a St Patrick's day note, I was doing a little computer doodling again this weekend, and headed over to jibjab.com. Rather than have my little film here eating up memory and not loading for some of you, I'll just leave a link.

A Hackensaw St Patrick's Day

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* We worked on a new movie today, but unfortunately, I need to learn some serious mini-film skills before I can make it ready.
* Thanks to Sherman for lending his St Pat's hat to the recipe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home