Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oops

Short post tonight.

This morning my two alarms went off. If you'll recall, I have two alarms, one beside my bed, and the other on a shelf across the room. I'd read this was supposed to be a sure-fire way to not oversleep, because, see, one has to actually get out of bed to turn off the alarm. (This is not a sure-fire anything. I turn off the alarm and go back to bed.)

Stennie and I recorded our Hucklebug podcast last night. Our topic was "Our Most Embarrassing Moments - Ones We'll Talk About, Because The Truly Embarrassing Ones We'd Just As Soon Not Relive." She told two and I told two.

I went to bed quite late because of the recording, and when I finally awoke to my two alarms ringing, they'd both been ringing a half-hour. That's another drawback of the sure-fire alarm across the room thing. If you don't hear it, it makes no difference where it is. I finally became semi-conscious, realized the time, hit my bedside alarm, then tore out of bed to go hit the far-away alarm.

What I didn't realize, though, there in my semi-conscious state, was that my left leg, from the knee down, was asleep.

And so I hopped out of bed, took a step on that sleeping leg, and began to reel around the room. Of course when this happens, the brain doesn't go into Logical Thinking Mode and say, "Hey, just fall down. Fall flat down, dumbass." No, instead your body takes over, trying at all costs to stay upright. And that's just what my body did. It swayed and lurched and hobbled on one lame leg until finally it could take it no more, and I went tumbling into the floor.

However, before I became floor-bound, I took one last turn. Into the table holding my TV set.

I ended up on my ass, in the floor, with my television set on top of me.

And that was funny, until I realized I couldn't lift the TV off me, and that I hurt.

I finally got the TV back on the table by sliding it over my shoulder, and got up. It felt like a bus had run over my left foot.

And so I'm hurt. I've got it wrapped, elevated it this evening, and thanks to a couple of Tylenol PMs, slept until right about now. I came around to name the acrowinners, then I'm heading bedward.

And I've walked like Frankenstein all day. That's not a particularly attractive way to walk.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Acrowinners, we have acrowinners! So, how did you caption the picture of Mrs Mama Duck and her babies?
- Honorable Mention goes to the dishy Michelle, with her, "Dawdling along, twittering loudly, Duckies strutting."
- Runner-Up goes to Kellie (with an ie), with her, "Dad Attending To Lost Duckie Son."
- And this week's winner goes to the DeepFatFriar, with his, "Ducklings arise! Tackle Latter Day Saints!"
- Extra points to those who mentioned the clothespin.
- Thanks to everyone for playing! Great acros, you all deserved prizes. You've all done very well!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home