Monday, June 16, 2008

Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of letters, and welcome to another round of acromania.

Guess what I got in the mail today? Well, I got a letter telling me my government stimulus check was coming, and right behind it in the pile was my government stimulus check. So, boy, were they right!

OK, so I like getting a free $600 in the mail as much as anyone, but I think the government stimulus check is possibly the worst idea in governmental history. Well, save for the 2000 election and the war in Iraq. And Viet Nam. And so maybe it's only in the Top Ten worst ideas, but that doesn't mean I'm sending my money back.

And of course, we're supposed to spend, spend, spend like there's no tomorrow with these checks, which is precisely why everyone's financial status is in the dumper anyway, so I'm banking most of mine, thanks very much. I kept a little out, and the present I bought myself that will get this country back on its feet? A Water Pik. Something I wouldn't have bought for myself otherwise, but they've come out with this new fancy one, and so my teeth are in for a real treat, at least until I decide it's too much trouble or takes up too much time.

Anyway, tonight's acrotopic. "What Are You Spending Your Stimulus Check On?"

That's right, go wild, buy anything, as long as it matches the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket hasn't filed income tax since 1971, so he won't be getting a check. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, and I'll be reading the entries at 10:00 est tomorrow night and naming the winners.

The topic? "What Are You Spending Your Stimulus Check On?" The letters:

H E D N N P

Endorse, spend - and play.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I also bought some Comet Cleanser with my stimulus check, but I'd have bought that anyway, so it doesn't count.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

If you put some Comet in your water pik it will blast your teeth cleaner than a hounds tooth. Either that or blow them off at the gum line. I forget which.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

I think they're a really dumb idea even more than you do, as I don't get one. A few people around here have been giving them to the church, but most people around here don't get one, either. There's a lot of places where making 90k doesn't mean you're living high on the hog and you have to be careful. It also means that no only don't we get one, we're paying for everyone else's. Rant off.

Hen's eggs, dairy, nuts, new potatoes.

Hoping excess dough necessitates nice present.

Help educate darling Nick, needs PHD.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Have Entertaining Dinner. Need New Patio.
HDTV Eventually Delivered. Now New Ports.
Hippos. Elephants. Ducks Near. Need Provisions.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home