Sunday, June 01, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. Welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

You know, I was going to skip Picture Sunday this week, seeing as how I had no pictures, then I thought, "No, I can't do that because I skipped it last week and that wouldn't be fair." Then after I started things I remembered that I did do a Picture Sunday last week. Yes, my memory is that dim.

Anyway, I did a bit of inside cleaning and straightening this weekend, mainly in anticipation of Mr M's arrival for dinner and clarinet duets today, but alas, he couldn't make it. So I immediately became very lazy and spent a lot of time in the Comfy Chair watching movies.

Speaking of the Comfy Chair and movies, yes, it's true, there is a new movie up at the Comfy Chair Cinema, or at least there will be as soon as I can post it after I finish this blog. It's, well, I won't spoil it for you. You'll just have to go and look for yourself.

Hey, let's talk recipes du jour.

Have you ever had the urge to beat on someone, and possibly enjoy a sweet chewy snack afterwards? If so, tonight's recipe is right up your alley. From the "Candy Punishment" file at cardland, will you please say hello to Licorice Whip.
























It doesn't get any easier than this. All you need for the Licorice Whip is, well, a piece of licorice and the desire to whip someone. Mr Peabody and Sherman demonstrate above. Disclaimer: Of course Mr Peabody doesn't whip Sherman, and Sherman is smiling because he knows he gets the licorice once the picture is taken.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* It's not time for next week already, is it?
* Don't forget to visit the Comfy Chair Cinema. Now offering licorice whips in the lobby!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Cool stop motion at the comfy chair. I could never have done it because after 10 min I'd have eaten all the kisses.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Ha! Duke - I like your style. I absolutely LOVE the kisses on parade!! And the fancy kisses action - gee whiz!! How long did that take you to do???

1:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Middlebrow said...

So is "getting the licorice" what the kids are calling it now?

Maybe I'm cynical, but I don't think his anticipation of eating the licorice is the only reason for Sherman's euphoric state.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home