Sunday, June 08, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another edition of Picture Sunday.

You know, it may be a happy commune we have here at the Poderosa, but it also gets a little crowded sometimes. Let's see, we've got Sherman and Peabody, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, Good Luck Baby Lily, Mr Peanut, Che Guellama, and Gossamer the Monster. We have fun, but it's often loud, and sometimes I'd just like a little peace and quiet.

Enter Mr M.

Apparently my buddy Mr M, who has no cartoon characters living with him and doesn't understand the undertaking it can be, has been having a few conversations with Mr Peabody. It seems Peabody gets a little lonely on occasion, you know, being the only genius in the house and not living in Manhattan anymore, and wanting to talk nuclear physics and only having Huckleberry Hound at hand.

And Mr M went into action.

He found Peabody a colleague. Straight from the Big Lab in Muppetopia, he sent for Dr Bunsen Honeydew.





















Yes, there he is, telling me how my washing machine works. I don't really care how it works, I just care that it does.

Anyway, Bunny is really quite sweet, and everyone's getting along very well with him. Lily seems to find him something of a giant teddy bear (she calls him Bun Bun), Huckleberry made him a Boston Creme Pie, Quick Draw's teaching him to play poker, and, well, Peabody has been going through all his chemistry books for some serious conversation.

Here is the Monumental Meeting of the Minds.
























By the way, don't ask me, because I don't have the nerve to ask Bunny why he's green. I don't want to hurt his feelings, and am just assuming it was a lab experiment gone awry.

And if that wasn't enough, and believe me, it was - I got into the act and brought someone else into the house this weekend.

See, we're not quite sure how it happened (actually, we are - I was too lazy to create a logo), but the official logo and mascot of the Hucklebug podcast has become a sock monkey. Stennie stuck a sock monkey's picture up on the website as a logo, and we both liked it so much neither of us wanted to take it down. I gave her a sock monkey for Christmas, we gave LilyG's little baby Nicholas one for being born, and when I passed one in a store yesterday, I couldn't resist. It didn't matter if I wanted to. He jumped into my cart and sat there, riding around with me in the little child seat portion of the cart. I couldn't have just dumped him at the register now, could I?

So please say hello to Harrigan, also known as Harry. As in, "I'm just wild about...." (My favorite song Michigan J Frog sings.)

























Harry is now sitting by the computer, waiting for the podcast record tomorrow night. He's anxious to hook up with Bubsy, Stennie's sock monkey. It should be a real treat for them both.

Unfortunately, my dear blogees, there is no recipe du jour this week. This is because the Comfy Chair Cinema movie took up my entire day. It was a long process, a whopping six hours, and after it was over with I realized it was 10:00 and I hadn't had dinner. So I made my own recipe du jour and ate it.

I'll do better next time.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Yes, folks, it is true - the Comfy Chair Cinema movie is an epic! Four minutes long, and you'll kick yourself if you miss it. Really, you will. Head over there now and give it a look. Thanks!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Does Harry really have 3 arms?

I guess Bunsen is green because honeydew mellons are green.

Didn't Bunsen blow up his lab assistent Beaker every week in a fiery explosion? You might want to keep baby lily away from him. In fact you should buy Beaker next. Bunsen needs his lab help.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny stuff.
And I'm stealing your sock monkey foto for something good....

5:50 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

Buzzby (who inexplicably spells his name with Z's, unlike his namesake Berkeley) waves an enthusiastic hello to Harry!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

No, dear. It's Bubsy. Remember?

10:54 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

I do now. I am foolish.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Head over to my blog to see Nick-the-child-not-the-cancer having a nice nap with his Sock Monkey. The Monkey is not yet named, as I don't think it's my place to do so. It is the boy's monkey, after all.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home