Sunday, June 15, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

My weekend started with a bang - because I got paid! I had been so damn broke the past 10 or so days, no food in the house, eating single pieces of lunchmeat and scrapings from the bottoms of bags, but with a paycheck in hand, I went to the grocery and bought like a madwoman.

Then I got home, got everything put away, and it rained, thus keeping me from mowing my yard, which was starting to grow way over my ankles. So I stayed in and chilled.

Band concert on Saturday, so I headed, in the still-bad weather, to B'burg, picked up Mr M, and headed to the concert site. We stood around in the wet for about 10 minutes, and the call came. We were canceled. I was happy.

See, I'm perfectly happy to go play an outdoor concert, but if there's been any rain, I want it canceled. Chairs are wet, the ground's wet, you can't put your instrument case anywhere, it's messy, the tent covering us drips.... It's just not fun. I gave a happy cheer at the cancellation, then Mr M and I went back to his house for some clarinet duets, went out for dinner, then watched a movie. Then I headed home, because I wanted to be home today for one more try at the grass.

And the weather finally cooperated. Damn, it was hot, though. I'm used to mowing after work, not in the midday sun. But I got it done, got the grass bagged and dragged to the curb, tended to my flowers a bit, which had been looking like the walking dead but finally seem to be perking up a bit, and came inside for a rest before heading to the folks' (Granny & Paw's), because of course, today is Father's Day.

Granny made hot wings, everyone was there, much merriment was made, and it was a nice way to end the weekend.

And from this evening comes the 2008 Father's Day Me & Paw Photo.






















Then we decided to do a mad one, just for fun.
























Then it was home. Where my recipe du jour was gelling in the fridge.

You know, I mow grass an awful lot. And it seems so wasteful to always be throwing out three leaf and garden bags full of grass. I decided I needed to do something useful with that grass, and by damn, I hit on something today. Make a nutritious party food with it! From the "Go Green!" file at cardland, would you please welcome into your homes the Cheesy Grass Ball.
























Yes, there it is, looking very much like the clump of nature that it is. The Cheesy Grass Ball consists of melted cheese mixed with a goodly portion of grass. I used lots of grass, because, well, I have enough. I don't think I'm going to run out anytime soon. Then refrigerate, top with almonds, and garnish with an olive, because olives make things so much more festive.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Yes, it's true! A brand new movie is up at the Comfy Chair Cinema! And what better way to celebrate Father's Day than to head over to the cinema and check out one history's great father-son teams. Go now, while the lines are short!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Those are great pictures! I'm glad to see your dad looking well - with his own hair! Not that I didn't like the wigs, mind you.

The boys really do know how to ho it right down! And that song? I LIKE IT. I was afraid I'd never get into a song by the Hackensaw Boys.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Wow - that first picture of you guys is really nice. You both look great!! I agree with Michelle - that's a great head of hair your dad has!!

I thought the cracker looked like you had molded a grasshopper grass pile on it?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Aww, he's adorable! And you ain't too bad yourself.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home