Sunday, July 20, 2008

Picture Sunday (ish)

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to a mere shell of a Picture Sunday, put up early because I have to head out of town today.

My mom, aka Granny, goes to R'noke today because tomorrow at dawn she has to have a heart cath. My mom is not a well woman. I'm hoping whatever they find (and they'll find something, I'm just not sure what) is fixable. Keep good thoughts, please.

My dad's birthday was Friday. He's now 79 years old. One away from 80 (I do math so you don't have to!), and frankly, that blows my mind. My dad can not be almost 80 years old. But he is, and we gathered at my sister's house to have dinner and hang out. Since I made a batch of cupcakes over the July 4th weekend and they got the thumbs-up from the recipients, I thought I'd make another batch for last night. Where they seemed to be enjoyed by all.

However!

Just like with biscuits and gravy, fries and ketchup, or most other things that go together, seems like when you run out of one you always have some of the other left. This time for me it was icing. All cupcakes adorned, and I still had a dollop of icing left. If that's not a recipe du jour opportunity, I don't know what is.

And so this week's recipe du jour, from the "Implements of Sweetness" file at cardland, would you please say hello to The Icing On The Rake.
























All you need for this is a little icing and a little rake. I used Sherman's gardening rake for this one. Well, I did once I found it. It was in doubt for a little while, and I walked through the house reciting the alphabet. "The icing on the fake, the icing on the hake, the icing on the lake...." Just when I thought I was going to have to use one of the rubber duckies in my bathroom for The Icing On The Drake, I found the rake. Hallelujah.

Happy week, and keep good thoughts for my mom, please.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* There will be no new movie at the Comfy Chair Cinema this week, owing to the fact that I've got a lot on my plate with family at the moment and I couldn't come up with an idea. Never fear! We shall return!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Good luck to Granny -- I'm pulling for her.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

I hope Monday went well...update??

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home