Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of letters, lovers of life. Welcome to a late round of acromania. I just plum forgot last night. It's OK, we'll put this one up today, then I'll judge tomorrow night, giving you a precious few hours more to acro.

You know, I'm feeling OK today, and did last night as well, but as I've told you more than a few times lately, I'm having regular headaches. I mean, headaches at regular intervals. There's nothing regular about the actual pain of the headaches. It's stress, I know that. I've now bought some Head-On (Apply Directly to the Forehead!), and I'm ready to do the Soltice vs Head-On challenge. Head-On has already lost in the price department. It's damned expensive, and I think my paying that much for a tube of the stuff has ensured that I'll never get another headache again.

Anyway, this week's acro: "What Is Your Remedy For A Headache?"

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that matches the topic above and the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket doesn't get headaches. He gives them. And is proud of it. Then tomorrow night (yes, that's Weds night) at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

So, the topic, "What Is Your Remedy For A Headache?" The letters:

OK, redraw. 2 Is, 2 Os, and an E.

The letters:

N A H G P

So there. Ice your head and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* It's funny. They've packed up and gone home, and there's still beach volleyball going on.
* Boy, that Jimmy Page has sure gone white-headed, hasn't he? I say good on him. Let that white hair fly, boy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

No fair cheating on the acrobasket --

Ice, Indolence, Oprah, Oxycontin, Excedrin

All right:

Needed asprin help -- great pain!

No Advil. Heavy green pills.

Narcotics abound. Headache? Gone, permanently.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dff as usual.....

"What Is Your Remedy For A Headache?"


The letters:

N A H G P

Nicotine-alcohol-heroin-glue prophylaxis.

Nothing. A headache gives purpose.

Nana's all-healing gangrenous potatoes.


{I note that you said remedy, not cure.....}

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nine Avocados. Halved Green Potatoes.
Nutritious Apples Help Gigantic Pressure.
Nasty Aioli Headache Goo Paste.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home