Sunday, September 21, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome back to Picture Sunday.

It's been a wild weekend - well, wild in one respect only. Last night was the official opening of Oktoberfest at Mountain Lake. So I was in my (now very tight) dirndl with Sauerkraut Band, whooping it up and playing German music. The same German music I've played year after year after year. Really, Ed - a new tune or so every now and then?

Anyway, it was fun, but it was the oddest thing. You know, I was off seeing the Hackensaw Boys in B'burg on Thursday. Now, as you know, normally the day after seeing the Hackensaw Boys I can only limp around the house because I've danced myself silly. Well, I didn't dance myself silly Thursday, though I did stand and bop around throughout, but I was fine on Friday morning.

This morning, after standing during every song of our performance, I'm so tired and sore I can barely walk. Now, it's not mandatory to stand during the numbers, especially for clarinet players, but that's just the kind of gals we are. Not to be outdone by the standing trumpets, we stood, too. But I think I need to spend this week practicing standing, from the time I get home till I go to bed.

Anyway, I was completely useless today, and when I say useless, I mean I wasted this entire day, didn't even get out my pajamas until about 6 pm. And so for that reason the recipe du jour I've been promising you for weeks now will not appear tonight, either. Yes, the recipe du jour - Promise Never Fulfilled.

In fact, here's a challenge - I'm a little recipe du joured out, so how about some suggestions from you? I asked for some quite a long time ago and you all came through with flying colors. Put on your thinking caps and send me a few more.

However, my friends and blogees, do not assume that because I was a complete and total lazyass today that there are no pictures in Picture Sunday. For this is not the case! I may have had no internet last Sunday, but I had my Picture Sunday layout all ready to go. So it shall appear tonight.

Remember the kids' phenomena a while back, "Where's Waldo?" Picture after picture of crowds of people, and we were to pick little Waldo, in his hat, out of the crowd? Well, how about a variation on that? This week's Picture Sunday is the "Where's Sherman?" Edition.

No, you don't have to pick Sherman out of a crowd. That would be way too easy. Instead, I have taken pictures of Sherman out and about. You have to tell me where Sherman is in each picture. Sometimes the answers will be very specific, the name of an actual place. Sometimes they will be rather generalized. You'll get the idea as we go along.

And yes, this is a competition, so you may wager, and a winner will be named tomorrow night in the acrochallenge blog.

Let's go!

We'll start you off with an easy one. Picture One. Where's Sherman?

























Picture Two. Where's Sherman?

























Picture Three. Where's Sherman?

























Picture Four. Where's Sherman?




















Picture Five. Where's Sherman?

























Picture Six. Where's Sherman?
























Picture Seven. Where's Sherman?


















Picture Eight. Where's Sherman?




















OK, folks, there you go. Where you do think Sherman is? Just let me know via comments, and we'll see how good you did. And a helpful hint. If you're stumped on one, it might help to click on the picture and get a closeup. I'll say no more.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* You know, I've been ragging Sarah Palin for giving the same speech over and over (and over), and rightly so, but has anyone noticed that no matter where McCain speaks, even at one of his so-called "town meetings," he's always reading from notes? I know he's old and perhaps has no memory left, but can't he at least speak off the cuff?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much funner than Waldo...
1. Starbucks
2. McDonald's Sign
3. Comm. band practice
4. Gas station buying a hot dog
5. Applebees
6. Hackensaw Boys concert on the charismo
7. VT Alumni Mall
8. Graham High School Sign

1:00 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

I agree with Kellie except for number 2 ( I don't think it's Mc Donalds, but something close) and number 4: 7-11.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I also agree with Kellie, except for #2 and the last one I think he's in front of a Bank of America, and then up a tree somewhere along the BettyBetHighway of Inspiration.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home