Sunday, September 14, 2008

These Are The Times That Try Men's Souls....

Hello, end of weekenders. It's Sunday afternoon, and I'm risking termination by writing this at work. Because

I HAVE NO INTERNET!

Yes, it began Friday, when I called the Comcast Bastards and was told the problem was with me and not them, and they'd send someone right out for a service call - on Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday, and that puts me in a really bad way.

The worst of it is Monday is of course Hucklebug podcast recording, and I'm hoping there's a way around that. But also keep in mind the fact that I'm not feeling well, I'm still full of bee infection, and, well, I'm now bored out of my mind. I spent last night - yes, this is true - coloring for about three hours. I'd watched movies and football and TV and there was nothing else to do but get out the colored pencils and have at it.

Then I napped in the chair, woke up, napped again in the chair, woke up, went to bed, napped, woke up, and my life really sucks right now, folks.

So I came by here to let you know this is as good as it's going to get until Tuesday, but that I'm somewhat alive, at least until I leave the confines of my office and head to WalMart, because in all this mess I call a life my toilet seems to be leaking again. So it's off for a new hose, then back home where I get to stand on my head all afternoon.

Lucky me.

Anyway, keep fingers crossed for me, and let's hope I never have a vacation quite like this one again.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* And did I mention I have no internet?
* And that I'm full of bee infection?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your week back at work is much better than your vacation! Gee whiz!!

And I hope you can read this in a timely manner:( Dang Comcast.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

Make sure you hassle Comcast to get a rebate/refund for the lack of service. Unless your modem is shot (unlikely), it's something with them and their service.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home