Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Stuff

Hello.

You don't really want to see more Oktoberfest pictures, do you? Of course you don't. However, it's all I have this week, and even I'm tired of looking at Oktoberfest pictures. So let's just chat.

Place Day:

As I was heading down the Betty Bet Bet Inspirational Highway Saturday on my way up the mountain to Oktoberfest, I plugged up my iPod and started listening to music. Here were the first five songs it played:

Memphis Thing, Rob Jungklas
El Paso, The Gourds
Baker Street, Gerry Rafferty
Gallows Pole, Alvin Youngblood Hart
Mercy Seat, Nick Cave

Yes, it was Place Day on the old iPod. I'm perfectly willing to admit the last two are places we wouldn't necessarily want to visit, but places anyway. Sometimes I wonder if my iPod really does have a brain.

My Sister's Going To Prison:

I like to read the headlines on cnn.com at work. Most of the time, the headlines are all I get to read, because so many of their stories are video and not plain old as-God-intended text.

So I was reading down the headlines the other day and saw one concerning Nancy Grace's favorite topic of conversation, Casey Anthony. As you may or may not know, she's the girl in Florida with the missing daughter, who has lied over and over to the police and been arrested and released five or six times. Now, I don't know if she killed her child, I don't know that I want to know, but I know she's up to something. And actually, that's all I want to know as far as that story goes. There is one thing about this whole story that drives me crazy though, I mean, one thing that drives me crazy besides the fact that it's really up to the police to figure this out instead of the American Public At Large.

And that thing is that the press constantly refers to Casey Anthony as "Tot Mom." Boy, God Jesus Lord Have Mercy, do I hate that.

Anyway, as I was reading headlines, I came upon a headline - attached to a video, of course, so I couldn't continue with it - "Tot Mom Calls Daughter Snot Head."

Now.

As I said, I don't know what she did or didn't do, but for God's sake, if people are going to be suspects of the police for calling their kids Snot Head, I think we're going to need to start building some more jails, and pronto.

I was telling my sister about it later that day, and she replied, "I've called Taylor Bird Doo Head for 19 years. I guess I should go turn myself in right now."

A Solution!

I think I have finally found a way around my video woes. It's a long story, and not very interesting, but I downloaded a trial version of another video editing program. It's quite difficult but I'm learning, and even if I don't learn, when I save videos in that program I can import them into Movie Maker and they contain - gasp! - both audio and video.

And so, there is a new movie at the Comfy Chair Cinema. Or will be, as soon as it gets finished processing. It's exceedingly silly and rather embarrassing, but around the Comfy Chair, that's pretty much par for the course.

An Answer!

Speaking of the Comfy Chair, I forgot to give you the answer to the trivia question there on the site. LilyG did notice the inclusion of my foot during a good deal of "A Moveable Feast," but that was not the screaming gaffe I was asking about. In fact, the title is where the mistake lies. As the movie starts, the title appears: "A Moveable Feast." As the movie ends, the credits roll, calling the movie "The Sandwich of Destiny." And that, my friends, is called not paying attention.

Recipe du jour:

And yes, friends, we finally have a recipe du jour for you. As stated early in the weekend, it's a guest recipe, not only thought up but also created by Betland friend Duke (of comments). He's a creative fellow, Duke, and I'd like to introduce his recipe, from the "Makes Life Easy" file at cardland, Hamburger Helper.





















Yes, there they are. They're hamburgers, and they're prepared to start helping at a moment's notice.

Thanks, Duke!

(And thanks, Mr M, who fixed the titling at the top of the card, because I still haven't learned the ins and outs of the new version of Paint Shop Pro. And I fear I never will.)

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Acrowinners, we have acrowinners! So, tell me about Oktoberfest....
- Honorable Mention goes to DeepFatFriar, with his "Phucking Oktoberfest! Thui! Thui! Oktoberfest? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaGGGH!" (The Friar was very fond of this acro, since he used it three times.)
- Runner-Up goes to LilyG, with her "Play on, trumpets, trombones. Oktoberfest approaches."
- And winner also goes to LilyG, who was just churning out the great acros this week, with her, "Put on that tired old apron." And that pretty much sums up how I feel every year about this time. (And my apron is tired.) (And threadbare.)
- Thanks to all who played, you've all done very well!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Oh dear. They'll have to throw me in that jail, too. Fat Boy Poopy Pants is probably going to press charges.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg to point out that aclose examination will show that in fact I submitted three distinctly different acroes.

dff

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home