Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weekend Blogs Delayed

Hello, weekend-enjoyers. No, there's not a great technical disaster, I just realized that I'm going to be gone all weekend. A Sunday night Sauerkraut Band gig will not only keep me from the season premiere of "The Amazing Race," but also from doing a Picture Sunday.

Do not fear!

I'll be back at the beginning of the week. I will do a Picture Sunday for you then. And recipes du jour? Well, someone took me up on my plea for recipe ideas, and not only came up with an idea, but made the recipe card for me! Now that's the kind of initiative I like.

On the homefront, I'm still floundering around in Comfy Chair Cinema hell. After coming up with a really silly idea for a movie and making the clips, I'm finding that all those fixes I read about in the "Vista's Movie Maker Hates The Flip Digital Camera" debacle have not been the miracle cure for me they have for others. Movie Maker has become a space-wasting hulk of program, and so I've been trying out other movie-editing programs to see if they're viable.

I've found one, but, to be honest, it's so damn hard I worked for an hour last night and only managed to get one 15-second clip and a title in the timeline. But then I'm generally pretty slow on the uptake in this area.

Now a second problem has appeared. My Flip doesn't even seem to want to upload the raw clips into my computer. Is it the camera? Is it Vista? Is it me? Well, I don't know who it is, but boy did I feel dumb at about 3:30 this morning. Then I decided to stop feeling dumb and blame it on the first two of the above.

Anyway, as Mr M always says, "I'll figure it out." But until I do, if anyone knows anything about codecs, movie-editing programs, Flip digital cameras, or just likes to talk to nice women, please give me a shout.

Stay tuned for more fun and frivolity in a few days. Until then, Ein Prosit.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* However! Head over the Comfy Chair's way for a second, and see if you can play the (one question) trivia quiz.
* First debate over. John McCain, Mr NonCongeniality (so he says), held Bob Dole's pen and managed to work "war hero," "maverick," and "my running mate" into the mix. I was afraid Barack was being way too nice to him, thus letting him run the show, until I started reading the reviews. And I sighed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home