Monday, November 10, 2008

Acrochallenge!

Hello, letter lovers, and welcome to another round of acromania.

I had to make a journey today. I had to go to the doctor. No, nothing wrong, just my annual. It takes about 2 hours to get to the doctor's office, and some of that is spent driving my most hated highway, Interstate 81.

Interstate 81 is the very road where I lost my steering wheel three years ago, but that's not really why I hate it, I hated it before that. It's too crowded, has too many tractor-trailers, people drive it too fast, and, well, it's boring. Nothing to look at on the side of the road.

I feel that way about a lot of interstates, and if there's a viable alternative, I normally take it. Tonight's acrotopic? "The Interstate." There you go.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that matches not only the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket doesn't travel, so he has no thoughts on the interstate. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners. (Sometimes more than one!)

The topic? "The Interstate." The letters:

I L O F T

So there you go. Rev up and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I don't seem to be making many movies of late (I'll get back to it one day, I promise), but my friend Mary did! Remember (for you Hucklebug podcast listeners) my "highlight of the week" a few weeks ago, about five of us Sauerkraut Band members recording a piece of music in good old room 114 of the Mountain Lake Resort Hotel? Well, if you go here, you can see Mary's daughter and some classmates using our recording to dance to. (It had a good beat, and they danced to it.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Those were sure a slap happy group of dancing girls.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Loathe Our F*cking Traffic
Icky, Lengthy, Obnoxious, Frantic Times
In Lieu of Flying, Try...The Interstate (Yes, it's cheating)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home