Sunday, November 02, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome back to Picture Sunday. Yes! Picture Sunday! You thought it was gone forever, didn't you?

First news first. Thanks to all who sent good wishes. My mom, aka Granny, is out of the hospital. Got out today. Still has to go back for daily blood tests, and will be on the anti-blood clot medication for some time to come, but she was delighted to see the outside light of day again. And we were delighted to get her home.

You know, twice in the last two weeks I've gotten a little bit of a jabbing. And that jabbing came from Ed (which, if you know me, is pronounced "Ehh-yud"). He's been highly disappointed in the lack of Sauerkraut Band/Oktoberfest Picture Sundays.

I started to do one a few weeks ago, but when I went through my pictures thought, "You know, when the pictures all start looking the same to me, they can't be very exciting to the average bloggee." But after the Ed-jabbing, and after realizing that my bloggees are anything but average, I now present to you Picture Sunday - The Oktoberfest 2008 Edition.

Yes, last night was the final night up on the mountain at Oktoberfest. We had a wild season, it began with the discovery of dear Si Felder under what used to be the lake, and ended with our beloved euphonium player Seth on sick leave, our vocalist Ruth with laryngitis, and Seth's daughter Deirdre off traveling in India.

OK, so let's go. Random shots from last night. Which get more and more embarrassing. For me, anyway. (Yeah, you know where that's going, don't you.)

Here is our Jagermeister inflatable shark. We decided he needed some panties.


















I have no idea what song this was during, but Mary and I seem to be enjoying the hell out of it.

























Leslie, who mans (womans) the Shameless Commerce Division (© Car Talk) of the SKB, made us two jack-o-lanterns for the last night. They were great.

First is the Ed-o-Lantern:























Next is the SKB Eagle-o-Lantern:

























Here's a picture of some of us out on the patio during break. I had to sit for a while and think as to why I wasn't in this picture. I finally realized that's because I took the picture. (It was all a little hazy at that point.)


















Same thing, only I'm in this one. Which means either someone else took the picture or I'm one fantastic photographer.



















How about a shot? My oh my, even Tim, aka Dr Binky, got into the act.























Mary seems to be disbelieving of something, but it's probably not that I'm having another shot.


















More shots!















It was over much too quickly. We still had about six songs left in the set when we noticed it was quitting time. So an audible of "Unter Donner und Blitzen," our traditional closing night piece of rowdiness, and then it was time to say goodbye. To the crowd, anyway. Of course, on the last night we have "tear down," where we have to take up and clean wires and cables, dissassemble the lights, etc. And it's kind of a "goodbye party" as well. (And I was shocked to find that the goodies I made, cocoa apple cake and blondies, went down well with the gang.)

I normally wouldn't include such an embarrassing picture of myself, but one last one. For one reason. No, not to show the total drunkenness I got myself into, but to show off my new Sherman and Peabody t-shirt.

























And by the way, don't worry. Mr M made a repeat appearance in the Sauerkraut Band last night so I'd have a designated driver. (And doesn't he look thrilled about it.)
























Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I have to tell you, I saw a clip of something on MSNBC today. It was a McCain-Palin rally where country singer Gretchen Wilson was singing her hit, her tome to the toothless, "Redneck Woman." Now, I perked up when I heard her sing these lines of the song:
Victoria's Secret
Their stuff's real nice
But I can buy the same damn thing
On a Wal-Mart shelf half-price.
Now, forgive me, but with the $150,000 Sarah Palin wardrobe, does that fit? At all?
* And there you go, Ed. Stop jabbing me!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bet,
Great picture of Binky! He's very photogenic. The two pictures before that one though... Oh my gosh, I don't remember that!

Oh well. Prosit!
Mary

6:54 AM  
Blogger stennie said...

I was going to give you shit for overdoing it, but I think you definitely needed a release after the couple of weeks you have had. Drink Free!

No Obama T-shirt yet?

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooo much for the pictures. We were extra sad this year not getting to go - so I needed a good picture fix!! Nice new T - but I see you've covered Mr. P - but Sherman does look dashing!

I'll have to give a shout-out to Leslie and those great Jack-o-lanterns! Hey Leslie!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home