Sunday, November 16, 2008

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

A blissful weekend at home. I started it by hightailing myself to B'burg right after work to return an item I'd (stupidly) bought at Best Buy. Got my card credited back and went right out and bought two winter coats. Well, a coat and jacket. No pictures of that. Just a gray wool coat and black fleece jacket. Then I was back in B'field in time for a nice Friday Chill Night.

Spent almost all day at the computer on Saturday, save for a foray to the grocery. Worked during the day on a little something you Hucklebug devotees will be hearing this week, and spent the night working on the mighty and feared Great CD Mix Exchange 8.




















Yes, the iTunes screen gets really bleary after all that time, but I soldiered on, and actually finished up today. I need to start burning CDs as soon as possible so I don't start thinking too much and end up changing my songs.

Another task today - remember some time back I mentioned in passing that I'd recently bought myself not one, but two OPPHs? That would be, for those keeping score at home, Old People Pill Holders. I did this because I'm supposed to be taking all these vitamins and I keep forgetting. I keep half of them at work, thinking for some reason that'll help me remember my midday vitamins, but I don't. I'm horrible.

So I sat down today, made out a list of what I wanted to take when (just like I do for my mom weekly - boy, it just comes full circle, doesn't it?), and made up midday and evening OPPHs. My next big goal is to make sure I get back in the swing of getting what I need where I need it. (Like, a pill in my mouth.)

So, I put these...




















...in these.



















Then I watched "The Amazing Race," ate some of the worst stir-fry I've ever made, and that's about it.

Hey! How about a recipe? I'll bet you never thought it would return, but it has, the recipe du jour.

"The Big Cheese." People use that expression all the time, but do they ever stop and think about how it makes the cheese feel? Does cheese feel superior to all the other dairy products because of this? I don't know, but say hello to the return of the recipe du jour, from the "Awesome Appetizers" file at cardland, The Big Cheese.























Yes, there he is, a dashing figure in his tomato bowtie, carrot hair, olive shoes, green pepper eyes, celery hands, and pimiento mouth. Invite him to your next party and watch the joy as guests dismember him for their snacking pleasure.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* By the way, I was wrong. I thought buying two coats would mean we'd have a very warm winter. It snowed here last night. Snowed while I wasn't looking! I got up from the desk to go to bed, and there was snow, right out my window.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home