Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Christmas Gift to Myself. And You.

Hello, friends.

I told you last night I had a special announcement to make. And boy, do I.

I was doing a little online shopping a few weeks ago. It was stocking stuffer time, and I went to my favorite stocking stuffer store, purveyors of fine rubber chickens, bouncing eyeballs, and plastic ants, Archie McPhee.

I picked out some items I knew I wanted, then turned to Archie's index to browse a bit more. I saw a little section called "Archie's Attic." I figured it was stuff on sale, but I remembered I'd just seen a section called "Super Sale," and wondered what the attic could be.

When I clicked, I saw it was a bunch of McPhee "classic" items, like those plastic ants and rubber chickens. Imagine my surprise when I saw this item.

http://www.mcphee.com/items/M6306.html

Yes, there they were, the entire set of recipe du jour cards. I had no idea you could buy them, I just got them as free prizes when I bought other items there. (Plus the set dear Jellybean sent me.) Needless to say, I added them to my order.

So now I'll have recipes du jour out the wazoo! On busy Sundays and lazy Sundays when I don't have time or want to think up and make a recipe, I can just pull out a card!

I'm so excited. I hope you are, too.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Acrowinners, we have acrowinners! So, what's your New Year's Resolution?
- Runner-Up goes to the DeepFatFriar, with his "Avoid enjoying Danish in New Haven."
- And this week's last acrowinner of the year is Kellie (with an ie), with her "Alarming Experiment. Dynamic Invention. New Harley."
- Thanks to all who played - you've all done very well!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Earth shaking news indeed. I'm all atremble myself if you don't allow them to interfer with your own kitchen creations.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I think you need to start a new feature where you make and taste these recipes. Making fun of the cards is fine, but eating it? Well...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

Well, you know, my LilyG, I actually thought of that. Make a recipe and show the card and how it came out when someone like me makes it. I don't know if I can find a whole salmon with the head still on, though - I'll have to do it on a smaller scale, I fear.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home