Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Picture Tuesday Acro!

Hello, middle of weekers. I'm running all over the place and letting things get by me again. Sunday night was the B'burg Community Band's Christmas concert, so I was a little late getting home. Last night I was working on a little Christmas project, then I had to do the Hucklebug podcast.

And so tonight we shall combine Picture Sunday and acromania!

Last week I finally got the tree up and decorated. Yes, here it is, the mighty and feared 2008 version of Bet's Tree.

























It always looks the same, doesn't it.

Well, from afar. Up close, you'll see that Holly and Ivy got their wish and were placed on the tree side by side.




















They're such good friends. Sometimes in the wee hours when I wake up for just a few minutes, I'll hear them giggling and singing carols there on the tree. Holly's been very excited because just one floor above them on the tree? Lamb Chop!




















Now, it's nice having a next-door neighbor who, well, actually, who isn't a transient or a drug dealer. Or squatter. And yes, I've endured all those. I seem to have a real-live normal person beside me now, and she has a Christmas pig in her front yard. There's something about the way he stands there, holding presents behind his back, that just makes me smile.

























Or maybe it's the old "pig on two legs" thing. I don't know. Just funny.

Anyway, let's turn all this fun and frivolity into an acrochallenge. This week's acrotopic? "My Christmas Decorations." Yes, tell me about your lights, your tree, your inflatable Grinches, anything you like.

All the rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that matches the topic above and the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket has been known to tie mistletoe to his handles. Then tomorrow night, yes, Wednesday night, at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

So the topic, "My Christmas Decorations." The letters:

T A D P O

There you go - get into the spirit and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I'm behind. I'm way behind.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

There Are Defiant Potatoes--- Ominously

This Almost Doesn't Pissme Off

I got nothin....

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiny Arabic Dancers Pirouetting. Outstanding!
Talking Acrobats Doing Poses. Oy!
Two Antlers Decorating Pig. Ole!

We drove around and looked at Christmas lights last night. Amazingly, no one had the same decorations as us.

My word verification was almost like mistletoe: misitslo. Sorta.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

Tadpoles Adorning Drooping Poinsettias, OMG!

Well, that's it for me.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dff here.

So the topic, "My Christmas Decorations." The letters:

T A D P O

Tinsel, and deer poop ornaments.

Tightrope acrobats displaying posteriors----online.....

Trees, all dead, prettified ostentatiously.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home