Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Picture Tuesday

Hello, almost middle of weekers, and welcome to Picture Sunday delayed till Tuesday.

The strangest things happen to me. Remember how I was telling you that all the pictures I took except one mysteriously disappeared from my camera, and how I was going to have to take them all over again?

Well, tonight I was prepared to do just that, and I got out my camera for Try Number Two. I started on the first picture when I got the "batteries exhausted" logo. That's odd, I said to myself, I haven't taken that many pictures since last change, but I changed the batteries anyway, and when I did - there were all the pictures.

So let's begin with my little pictoral.

A couple of weeks ago I got a little box in the mail. I opened it, and inside was a gift. A gift from Duke, blogger, commenter, and Hucklebug listener.

























It was a sock monkey Christmas ornament!

It was such a thoughtful surprise. I tried to think of names for little Sock Monkey, and knew I wanted the name to have something to do with Christmas. I chose Holly, which means little Sock Monkey turned out to be a girl!

So, Holly was getting acquainted with the Poderosa last week, and Friday I ended up getting coffee at a Starbucks where I saw and fell in love with this little creature.

























Yes, a reindeer Christmas ornament!

Of course, she was named Ivy, and I brought her home. Since then Holly and Ivy have become the best of friends.

They love Christmas. They can't wait for tree-decorating night. They've asked to be put side by side.

They decided to spread a little pre-Christmas cheer by going caroling for the other cartoon characters at the Pod.









































Everyone had a lovely time.

And then Holly and Ivy went bowling.



















The end.

Speaking of holidays, the weekend after Thanksgiving, Mr M came down and we had dinner. He made up another batch of his wonderful stuffing. And this batch was huge. It was a mega-batch.

Little did I know that the little dog who guards my computer monitor (yes, around here everyone has a job) took the leftover stuffing and, well, he's quite the builder. And so from the "Holiday Housing" file at cardland, please say hello to the Stuffing Hut.




















Yes, there he is, emerging from the Stuffing Hut, surrounded by Pokey, Melf, Mr Peabody, and Sherman.

And then they all ate his house. And a good time was had by all.

The end. Again.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I'm watching a movie starring Steven Hill, late from "Law and Order." He's about 30 and has a shock of black hair. And he's not eating a sandwich.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Holly looks happy in her new home! She has plenty of new friends too. She might try to sing you christmas carols in July though. Christmas is her life.

She has a twin brother down here with me. I'll post some pictures so they can stay in touch.

Another of her siblings went to Hollywood for a dream of multi-picture contracts. I fear for the worst because it's hard to break into pictures.

11:46 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

Is Mr. Peabody drunk at the caroling concert? Passed out? Or just asleep?

Also: if Steven Hill was not eating a sandwich, how on earth did you recognize him?

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home