Monday, January 12, 2009

Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of letters, and welcome to a special round of acromania.

I know you've been thinking, "Bet, you bragged about those recipe cards you bought and we haven't seen the first one, have we?"

Well, I can't argue with you there.

Turns out the one piece of equipment I hadn't thought much about, my scanner, did not make the Windows Vista changeover. So I was left with cards I couldn't scan.

Unless!

Unless I was work. So I took a handfull with me today and got a few weeks' worth scanned. And since I've made you wait so long, let's turn acro into a "caption the picture" week.

And for your wait, my blogees, you shall not be disappointed. Because the first recipe card is a doozy. Take a look at it, it's Seafood Mousse!




















Well, after you readjust your jaws, let's see what we have here. Besides seafood mousse, which in and of itself is a nasty propostion, it's a fish! With stuff on it! and it's smiling! Oh, recipe cards, how I've missed you.

As far as acro, the rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, that matches not only the topic above (captioning the picture), but the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket said not to be surprised if the letters he gave me were Y-U-C-K. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

So this week's acro is captioning the picture. The letters:

H A D B T T

So there you go. Try to steady your nerves and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Announcing a brand new movie up at the Comfy Chair Cinema. It's called "Girl," and you won't want to miss it. You'll be sorry if you do!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Was it me or did Inga look totally uninterested in the Guds? She gave them an icy shoulder that sent shivers over me and I wasn't there. The Hackensack Boys rocked as usual, especially Skeeter-Bite on the banjo!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dff here. The letters:

H A D B T T

Happy as dead bass. Tastier, though.

Have a dab. Beats Tater Tots.

Holy aspic, d'Artagnon!Bet trounces trout!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Hmm. I see the winner already, but I'll try..

Halibut and Dab, blended, twisted, tortured.

Help a desperate bride -- try this!

Happy and dead. Behold the terrine!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home